Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

Is the 452 Lux 22LR Still Available Anywhere?

952 Views 13 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  KG363
I can only find it in Left Hand but I'd love to buy one because I think it's the perfect rifle. If it's not prohibitively expensive I'd love for it to be my first rifle. Google Product Search isn't finding me anything helpful.

I know the 455 Lux is out there but I'd prefer the tangent sights as well as the few extra inches of sight radius.

Thanks
~KG
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
You might find a Trainer or Ultra Lux available. Wood is beech, but nicely made and the Trainer is the exact same rifle as the Lux, the Ultra Lux has a barrel that is 4" longer than the Lux or Trainer (28.6").

Check with Bud's GunShop, JetGuns, Whitaker Guns, and with the online auctions like GunBroker. Not a lot out there, but you'll find one. Don't fear a used one, either. :t

· Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The trainer is definitely my second option; an option, I suppose, that will likely be my best available choice. I was just hoping that there would be few more 452 lux's out there. I prefer Walnut but beech won't be a deal-breaker, just a second choice.

Thanks

· Registered
5,632 Posts
The trainer is definitely my second option; an option, I suppose, that will likely be my best available choice.
Not to be an alarmist, but it's anyone's guess just how long the Trainers and Ultra Lux models will still be available. When a dealer gets them they seem to fly out their door so don't pass up a Trainer or UL only to regret it later. Just my opinion.

· Registered
2,105 Posts
If/when you do find one,,,

Do a quick-draw of your credit card and order it right then.

I misses out on when Buds had a few of the 452 military trainers in,,,
So I signed up at their website to be notified by E-mail if/when they got more.

I received their E-mail and ordered the rifle right then,,,
That evening they were out of them again,,,
Maybe I bought the only one they had,,,
Maybe all their stock sold in one day.

This is truly a situation where he who hesitates will lose out.

Aarond

· Registered
13 Posts
The 452's are still being produced, here in Canada, I still order them for my customers. I think that CZ-USA is just not importing them. I have had US customers calling me to ship them firearms but it's too much hassle for my shop. There might be one out in western Canada, they're located close to the US border and import firearms.

http://store.prophetriver.com/

Having tried both 455's and 452's I think I still prefer the 452's. Yes, you can't do the switch barrel thing, but out of all my switch barrel, cylinder systems I end up just using the one caliber.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
1,826 Posts
I was looking at a new CZ 555(?) 22 LR with 17 HMR barrel and was really set back at the stock, no grain in wood, dull matte finish in a medium brown. And every one I have seen in the gun shops, except one used 17HM2 that one shop has and it looks nice like mine only it the 452 American Varmint with asking price of $595 and no box or papers. Like mine it looks like new with no scrapes or dents.

What I'm asking I guess is have they dropped the stock quality to keep price down? If they have done that, what else have they cut corners on? Has chamber and/or barrel quality been cut back?

· Premium Member
58,294 Posts
My experience has been that the 455's at my LGS have generally had better wood and finishes that the 452's, don't know whether that's just dumb luck or what, heck I purchased a 455 Lux just because of the wood Waldo... who knows.:confused:

· Registered
1,826 Posts
Nice looker there gmd1950, looks to have the Tiger or fiddle back look. Mine has the dark swirl or rings instead.

Sun wasn't out hand had to take pictures in heavy over cast and inside the garage, the cheap camera and florescent lighting sucks.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.