Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,480 Posts
It might be OK? I'd like to see a remake of Brokeback Mountain!(y) I didn't like the sequel......!

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Funny as I just watched the original last night, it holds up quite well. It delivers exactly what you expect.
also watched ‘Laura’ to remind myself what good writing is all about.......I watch it every couple of years.

Rich

·
Premium Member
3,917 Posts
That's because the "remake" was so much better than the cheesy (not that there's anything wrong with that) '60s version. :giggle:
Oh, wash your mouth out with soap, young man!! (as my mother would say)

The first was the best by a LONG haul. The second was just some crud thrown together to please those who had never seen the first. :D

·
Registered
90 Posts
The Coen's True Grit isn't a great comparison, they are among the best movie makers of their generation, and had complete creative control and have always excelled at casting. I'm betting this 'remake' has none of that going for it and it'll follow the "reboots" of Robocop and Total Recall into the memory hole. (I didn't even like the original Roadhouse, and I still bet it's a better movie than this will turn out to be :LOL:)

·
Registered
239 Posts
I wasn't a fan of the first one.... lol

As someone above stated though the creativity in Hollywood is at an all time low. Some of which is because so many topics are off limits with the current trends towards not offending anyone.

·
Premium Member
1,137,358 Posts
Oh, wash your mouth out with soap, young man!! (as my mother would say)

The first was the best by a LONG haul. The second was just some crud thrown together to please those who had never seen the first. :D
If you'd've watched em in reverse order you'd be singing a different tune. Geezers... :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts