Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a couple of Anschutz 1451 rifles, from a camp. are theses guns a good gun . i don't see maney of theses guns up here. and i would like to know everything about them if you could let me about them. i have read every book that i could find on the anschutz line and i also went to the website and looked there.

·
Registered
713 Posts
The 1451 is strictly an entry level gun made with the beginning youth in mind. The triggers are not all that great but can be improved on....slightly. It might fit your need/desire, but in the long run, you will want something better.
Al

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I have one of the 1451 target models, and it shoots very well for what it is. the trigger isn't so great, but not anywhere near as poor as most other manufacturers you will pick up. I shoot mine with appetures in our winter lihgt rifle standing offhand leagues.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Entry level as it may be, don't sell them short. They are good little rifles. Mine is just as accurate as my CZ and is quick and well balanced. The trigger isn't as good as the CZ, especially with the Brookes kit, but it's one of my three favorite .22lrs (1451, CZ American, TC Classic). My eyes don't do well with open sights anymore, so all three have 2-7x33 Leupolds on them -- small, light and all the magnification I'll ever need.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well i went to the camp yesterday to help out the camp clean there guns . while i was there, the guy that runs the camp brought some actions and parts for 4 anschutz. and told me i could have them for parts .i got to looking at them and found that they were hole guns. the stocks were missing and a few parts to but other then that,they work. about a hour later he brought in a few more guns and told me that theses guns wer not being used and i could have them.there were three mossberg,one remington 580, and two marlins all in working order. the anschutzs that i got from him were two 1451 and the other two, i can't say the names. so were do i find stocks and parts for them?can some one help me with this. anschutzs are rare aroound here.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
any way you can post pics of the annies, I'll try to help identify them..

Sounds like you made out like a bandit! Have fun with your projects!

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
the best way I've found is to go to www.photobucket.com and sign up for a free account.

You can upload your pics to photobucket, their instructions are pretty good. Next, look at your pics after they're uploaded - cut and paste the line that starts with that appears under the picture you want to post (paste that line into your post here) and when folks open the post, the pictures will appear.. sorta like so...

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v433/gordonmcw/anschutz14xxaction2sttrg.jpg

that's a 54 action target rifle annie.. the older style. Do any of yours look like this?

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Looks like you've got "achiever" rifles, and the 1451. Parts you could probably get from either Neal Johnson (www.nealjguns.com) or 10-ring Service in Florida, 904 724 7419

I haven't dealt with Neal Johnson, but lots of folks have said good things about him, and I have dealt with Steve Moore at 10-ring, and I have good things to say about him. Both are Anschutz service and repair places, they should be able to help you with parts, etc.

Stocks, I'm not so sure about. Perhaps some others on here will have input there. I think you'll probably have a hard time finding factory stocks, might have to talk with someone that makes unfinished stocks, see if they'll inlet for the Annies you have.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.