Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
I go by MG-70 in most playgrounds I frequent (often on FALfiles.com and gunboards.com). Interests are varied but right now seem to focus on long guns (milsurps from WWII on with a special focus on the FN FAL)...but still consider myself a handgunner. Grew up hearing only good things about CZ and when I had the chance obtained a 75B, then a "Lux", and later a 550 Varmint. More recently I was able to purchase one of the BRNO Model 4s available though "Century" (CAI/CIA).

First the CZ question -- it seems my "Lux" was made out of beechwood; has the name recently changed to Trainer? Is the only difference between the Lux and the Trainer the wood and better checkering on the former? I hear beech is more stable and have no problems either way.

BRNO Mod.4 -- only thing that was available when I heard of these was "cracked stock w/sights Good condition." The stock wasn't cracked at all but had been altered to a thumbhole configuration via the addition (rather nicely done) of a wider 1/2 or less of the lower buttstock incorporating a whole (which I'll have to enlarge if I decide to keep the same stock) and a base for an adjustable buttpad (aluminum base with a wide female dovetail -- manufacturer unknown). I was lucky in that the bore is bright and appears to be nice and sharp AND I received the rear mounted adjustable target sight with all parts but the apertures themselves. Now for the questions...
1) Does anyone know of a source for an original BRNO 4 stock at a decent price?
2) Does anyone know if the BRNO4 action will drop into a CZ452 stock, say a Varmint (with further widened channels)? (I've already e-mailed CZ-USA inquiring about the prices of the stocks).
3) Does anyone have an idea of the shank size ("standard" 7/32X40 thread?) on the apertures themselves AND can someone recommend common (aperture) hole sizes (.050", .093", .125," etc.) for this rifle/sight combination? I am sorry to say that the closest to this I've used is probably an AR-15A2 or No.4MKI adjustable sight.

Last, are snapcaps or spent cases recommended for dry-firing these .22s?

My apologies for the basic questions. I look forward to reading your responses,
MG-70

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies!

Yup, it's a "Special," dug up the box and that's what it states (long version is 452 2E ZKM 22LR). I hope the BRNO is as fun as the CZ.

I'm going to copy the sight aperture question to somewhere else on the site.

Thanks again,
MG-70

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.