Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I follow several of the forums here , mainly the ones that I have rifles of. I have been interested in the Sako for sometime, and think my next purchase will be a Heavy Barrell Varmit, when I can put together the cash. Got several purchases going now, new rest, some scarce mags for a Kimber I have etc. It seems that the interest in the SAKO forum has just about died. In a few weeks there will be nothing here. Is this a loss of interest in the rifle, or what. Anyone else have any concerns.

Jerry

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not sure how many Sako owners use forum. May be a few that are waiting on delivery. I ordered a Sako Sporter (use to be Range/Scout pre Beretta) in January for delivery in March and was told last week it would be delivered this week (yeah - checks in the mail). Could not shoot outside comfortably until the last few days so was not anxious until today. Time to start haunting dealer.

·
Registered
3,155 Posts
nthe10ring,
2 things have happened that I feel have drastically altered interest in the finnfire:
A roughly $200. increase in price in one year(since their purchase by Beretta).
The fact that Jewell no longer makes an aftermarket trigger for them.
When they were five to six hundred bucks, bench shooters didn't have much problem buying 'em and tossing the trig/stock/barrel and slapping on replacements. Now the 2oz triggers are unavailable, and the rifle costs as much as a Kimber or some other high grade sporters.
They have lost/been priced out of their niche market.
:(

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
I agree with warren. I don't have much new to say about them, except I think they're worth $699. I do intend on buying a barrel and a stock for mine...someday soon.(Note to self: call Don Stith Friday and go see him - quit putting it off.)

There is a nice looking Hunter for sale on br.com for $475. Wonder what he'd take? Was also a guy there selling a Stith stock and a Jewell in the Wood Stock listing - no prices listed.

I still like my Hunter :)

I might buy another in a month or so to have one to modify :t

I spent all of my money on a big new safe(let's just say that the safe and my real estate tax bill total about $5k.)

I have a second Jewell trigger, NIB, so I guess I need another Finnfire :D

John

P.S. - Think about getting the Hunter. The br.com guys convinced me that the Hunter tends to shoot a bit better than the Varmint. Maybe not a great deal better, but that's what they say. I wonder if the archives are available yet over there?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Hi, I recently got a good deal on a Stith stock , put a lilja barrel and a Burris HBRII 6X scope on mine . Can't find the time to try it out ! Price increase and lack of Jewell trigger have really hurt the popularity of this rifle . Bought mine new last August for $629 in Md.,still stoeger gun . I wouldn't pay $700 for it today ! I would build out of a CZ American for sporter first ,can make a decent trigger by yourself . I just missed out on the jewell triggers and won't pay what the going rate for them is today . .....WVleo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.