Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a set of Uncle Mike's ttuds and swivels for my MK-II LV. The forearm stud is a machine screw, the rear a wood screw. I was told this was the best set up for this gun. In order to install the machine screw I have to take the barrell and action off to countersink a hole for the nut. I have never taken a gun apart before, and was wondering if it is complicated to do. Should I have someone experienced do it for me? Or is it fairly straightforward as to taking apart and assembling the gun?

·
Registered
918 Posts
Sean,

Been thinking of adding sling studs to mine, solely for the purpose of using my Harris bipod.

I can telling you that breaking it down is a cinch. Done it about a a dozen times lately as I've been doing a trigger job. All you have to loosen is the allen head bolt. Thats it. Once it is loosened enough, the barrel and action will pull seperate from the stock.

Good luck, and let me know how it goes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Mark. I can't believe how easy it was to take apart. Installing the studs went well for the most part. When I began to screw the wood screw in it didn't want to start easily and would "wobble" rather than travel straight in. A slight piece of wood chipped out at the hole because of the wobbling, but nothing terribly noticeable. Again, thank you.

·
Registered
918 Posts
No problemo ;)

The machine screw with a nut is a good idea. I once put a set of sling studs on a chinese MAK-90. I used the wood screw-type front and rear. First time I installed a bipod and removed it, the screw yanked thru the thin wood on the MAK-90 front hand grip. Left a hole in the grip thats still there today :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.