Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at getting a new 22LR before spring gets here so that I have all summer to play with it before small game starts. PA game laws only allows use of manual loading firearms. So here is what I am looking at with that in mind.

Ruger NR9 Single Six 9" barrel
Savage Striker 501F 10" barrel
Taurus 980 12" barrel

I am planning on putting a Bushnell Trophy 2-6X32 scope on it. The price on these guns will all equal out to about the same, considering that the Savage will need a Rifle Basix sear to get a descent trigger.

I am looking at getting shooting an avg. of 35 yards. So here's the questions.

If you had / have one of the above or other, what is your opinion on it and what kind of accuracy did / do you have?

I am hoping for somewhere in the cover with a dime or better grouping. Thank you for your time and insite.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have checked out the T/C Contender, I know someone who has one and I have shot it, it is just out of my price range for this project. If I did a T/C it would be in the Encore, so that it could handle heavier rounds. However, I have set a amout of $300 for the gun without the scope since I already have that. All the guns listed are under that amount. The S&W 617 8 3/8 barrel I could not find anywhere for under $450, so that blew that. I found a mount for the Ruger SS for around $40, if I go that route. The reason for dime sized groups are for the squirrels, thier heads are just not that big, when you place a dime one them there is not much lead way for any bigger groups.

Thank you for your input.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.