Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks, I inherited an old single shot Wards Westernfield bolt action in .22LR that belonged to my great grandmothers brother,she claimed it to be about 100 years old.Anyone know where I might find any info on this old rifle?Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Look at the top of this forum page for the MFG-Store brand name conversion tables. There are several links listed that may be of help.
The big dept. stores contracted w/major gun MFG to make guns that are usually a close or exact "copy" of the the models made by the MFG under thier own name. I believe Mossberg made alot of Wards Westernfield guns, so check the Mossberg forum links also. But depending on the age of the rifle, it could possibly be a Springfield or a Stevens. Firms that were also heavily involved in store brand MFG. In fact nearly EVERY gun MFG had a store brand equivilent at some point.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Mossberg did indeed make guns for Wards. I learned to shoot with one of them that my dad bought when he was in high school (1937). If you want to do some comparing, check out this web site. havlinsales.com
They have pictures and specs on most Mossberg rifles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.