Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to buy a 452, but I'm not sure which model to get. Besides aesthetics and sights/no-sights, is there any difference between the Trainer, Lux, American, or Style models?

Someone said "The American uses 2 action screws and the Silhouette (Style) uses 1 action screw and 1 barrel lug screw." Does that make a difference in how it shoots?

·
Registered
292 Posts
ok

As I understand it, the trainer and lux are one in the same, just different quality of wood. Some have said that the metal finish is finer on the Lux, but I havnt seen a trainer since I got my lux and cant verify that, although I doubt there is any difference. The american, other than the different style stock, is mechanicaly the same, except it has two action screws and the lux, ultra lux and trainer have one action screw and one about a 1/3 up the barrel. I havnt seen an ultra lux or style, but I hear the ultra lux is same as trainer or lux with longer barrel. Also the american reciever has american style scope bases, where as the lux and trainer have a metric base. Less ring options but not a big deal. I dont think you will find much difference in accuracy as they are all of the same design, the barrel lug could improve or hurt accuracy depending how it is adjusted, But when adjusted right may even help accuracy by being able to fine tune barrel. (theory anyway)I would perfer a free floated barrel like the american and did free float my lux and only use the one action screw with no problems. Humidity, temp ect can effect a barrel attached to wood so I opted to just bypass messing with the screw. In other words, they all have the potentail to shoot the same. Mabey the heavy barrels would have a slight edge on average but I have no proof of this. i know nothing about the "style" model

·
Registered
20,556 Posts
Be advised the Ultra Lux Brno SAA 2500 DOES NOT have the forend schnable as does the Standard and Trainer and Lux. It DOES however have a cheekpiece. You will also note the Ultra Lux model has a very pale(almost orange) color to the wood. Since I posted the changes I made to my Ultra (somewhere below this post) I have had the opportunity to bench mine....10 shot group...indoor range .226 inch group using Remington Subsonics. This was shot at 25 yards. close as these old eyes and hands can hold it....I assume with match grade ammo, a big scope, and a steadier hand this could be improved, but I figure a tree rat shot in the head is about as finished as he/she can be.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.