Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
toivo,

Although the image is very pixelated the rifle on the right does appear to be a Stevens Favorite, at least to my eyes. But judging from the clothing styles I would say that the Winchester is actually a Model 03, made from 1903-1933. The M63 did not appear until 1933. The folks in the picture appear from their apparel to be pre WWI.

Hopes this helps
Perry

·
Premium Member
2,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, riflesmithy. I wasn't aware of the 03. You're absolutely right about the clothes--there's no way these people are from the '30's.

I just found this picture on a vintage photo forum and was interested in what they were shooting--or posing with, anyway.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
Looks like cane in the background just behind the ladies and cat tail in the foreground, so I'm guessing they are standing on the bank of either a tank [pond] or river doing some turtle shooting or perhaps just shooting at flotsom or something on the far bank.

I too think I have either seen that photograph or one very close to it before.

·
Premium Member
9,924 Posts
The one on the right could be any Stevens from that era. Like Crackshot Model 16, for instance.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.