Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok I have decided on geting a Simmons 44 mag 6.5-20x44 AO scope on my 17 hmr. But when i go to order they have things abreviated. one is SN SCP 6.5-20X44 WA AO MAT PX 44 and the other is SN SCP 6.5-20X44 WA AO MAT TGT44 :confused: . Can anyone tell me what these mean. Also can someone tell me how they like the mildot recticles and what they use them for?

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
"TGT" in this case means the scope has Target knobs for adjustment as opposed to standard hunter knobs.

Can't help with Mil-Dot question. I have a couple new ones in the drawer. :(

Welcome to RFC :Welcome:

Durn; missed about half the question. SCP is their abbrev. for scope. Mat is for matte finish. AO is Adjustable Objective. 6-20 is the variable magnification range. 44 is the size of the Objective end.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
BTW the model/product #1048 with target turrets and plex reticle is a very nice scope.

1047 is the same scope without the turrets.

1056 is mildot reticle with target turrets

1057 is illuminated mildot

·
Registered
6,538 Posts
Different mfgs vary it somewhat-usually a HEAVY horizonital and at least the bottom half of the verticle till you get to where the hairs cross then reg crosshairs. They are good for swamp shooting just at last light for some of our weaker eyes. Some websites will have pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.