Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G'day all. Anyone have a spare rear (Long- through trigger guard) take down bolt for an older Match 54 they'd care to sell me? Dosen't have to be in great shape, just usable. Sure would appreciate it. Contact me via e-mail or PM.

I'm having a lot of fun tinkering with the guns, but man, it sure can get frustrating sometimes, eh? Take tonight for instance. It seemed like a simple enough plan- Swap stocks, clean bolt and trigger assembly, and re-mount the BKL riser and insure it's level. Alas, not to be.

I swapped the stocks (Replacing mine with a loaner benchrest reconfigured 54 stock), but when I went to install the front take down bolt, I couldn't get it to go in. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get that little bugger to go. Tried and tried and tried for like 15 minutes before I finally compared stocks to see what was wrong. Well, the loaner stock appears to be pillar bedded, and the hole for the front bolt isn't as deep as mine, so my bolt is too short. Doh!

Bolt and trigger cleaning went okay, but reinstalling the riser was a different story. No matter what I did/tried, I just couldn't get that darn BKL riser to go on level. It just refused to bolt/clamp down level, and is slightly canted to one side (Right). Sigh.

Ah well, tomorrow's another day I suppose.

Cheers,

Mark

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peck- Thanx mate. But alas, I'm across the pond from you and was hoping to find something closer to home. However, I filed that away in case nothing else turns up.

Cheers,

Mark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.