Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting my new 93R17 Rifle on Thursday and need something to clean it with. I have an Otis flexible kit that I use on all of my other guns but it is too large for the 17. I have another flexible pull thru type snake that I use on my .22 pellet rifle and it is also to big for the 17. Who makes a good flexible type patch puller that will work on the 17?? I do not feel comfortable using a rod on my guns.

·
Registered
10,623 Posts
It's a good product and they are inexpensive, what a combination.....

What ever you do do not put more than one patch on it at a time or it will get stuck.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
You made a good choice with the PatchWorm and like Recumbent said, don't use more than one patch.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Do any of you use the felt plugs that they sell. I bought one pack to give them a try. I am also thinking about sending the barrel off to be cryogenically treated by the folks at CryoPro. I had this done on the barrel of my TC Encore pistol and it did help the with my groups.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
fullchoke said:
Unless I'm mistaken, which BTW wouldn't be the first time, the felt buttons start at .22 caliber.
Too answer your question, yes I use them on my .22's. :t :t
You are indeed correct. The felt buttons are not for a 17.
I contacted them and they gladly removed the felts from my order.
Hope to get my stuff soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.