Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't believe it. I found it on the net for 300 bucks, talked him down to 275 if he picked up the shipping. It was old sporting goods inventory, the owner retiring and storing the gun in his garage. When he passed on the gun came out for sale. There was a little rub mark on the receiver where the gun rattled a little in the box over the years. I wrote to Remington and gave them the barrel codes and they wrote back that the gun was produced in or near 1968! It is pretty cool to have all the old paperwork and stuff, which looks nothing like todays manuals, and to have a new 552 ADL that old.

Thomas

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Going to? Its a done deal...

I took it out and set the sights already. The 552 is one of the greatest house guns I have ever had. The ADL has the iron sights where the rear blade has a slight angle like this /i\ with the bead front blade. It is just great with no scope. I have had two of them but I bought them used and have sold them, and I am tickled to find one in mint condition. I realize the BDL version is still available, but the sights are different and so is the fancier stock. The ADL is just so "useable". This one I keep.

Thomas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.