Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up my 10/22 today.

I got home and took the stock off, took off the trigger assembly.

Took out the bolt and the Bolt handle assembley. Took some patches and put them in solvent, and cleand off the bolt and the handle, and the inside of the reciever, and ran my home made borestanke through the bore and out the barrel.

I lightley coated it with tri-lube, and put it all back togeather, replaced the bolt stop pin with a hawk tech buffer, and made sure its all togeather right.

I dont have time to take it out and shoot it today, anything else I should do before I go take her out to the fireing range?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I did end up going out and shooting her, It doesnt get dark untill 8:30 got to the range at 7:30 , started sprinkeling at 8:15.

The ruger fuctioned flawlessley.

I first used a box of Remington Thunderbolts, everything shot fine, but 1 dud.

Then I tried federal lightnings, these had some troubles and I noticed the shells ejecting forward, so I switched right back to the remingtons, and again flawless shooting and the shells ejected to the side/back.

The only real thing that went wrong is that the Butler Creek magazine I got (steel lips), the lips are too long, and the bottem of the bolt catches on the lips. Is there anything I can do about this???

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi DT, just curious, why are ya not using the factory 10/22 magazine? Glad ya like your new toy. They are a ball to plink around with. One other thing you might consider is the aftermarket hammer made by Volquartson. I got one and installed it last night. HOLY MACKREL, what a difference in trigger pull. Ruger hammer would bottom out my 6lb. pull scale, but this new Volq hammer drops at 24 ounces. I thought *OMG THIS IS TO LIGHT* and is going to be unsafe, but after rapping the butt on the floor pretty **** hard several times it never did fire. I ain't shot it yet, so hopefully I don't have problems like it going full auto or something strange.

Here's a question for you guys that have installed the Volq hammer. I used the small trigger plunger spring that came with the hammer. I DID NOT use the big hammer spring. I left the factory Ruger spring in. Should I have changed out the hammer spring also? Maybe this is why my trigger ended up so light. Feedback please?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I got the Ruger magazine that the gun came with, and I bout an extra bx1 factory Magazine while I was waiting for my 10 day waiting period to be up. Then when I picked up the gun, i bought a butler creek steel lips, just for looks.

Im kinda bumbed that it doesnt work.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I spent two hours trying to get the trigger assembly back togeather. The Hammer is what gave me trouble.

At least I know now to take the saftey off ....

·
Registered
18 Posts
Dark Tide....

After you do it yet again, it will only take you about a half hour, and so on and so forth, etc, etc:)

Doggin Coyotes......I put the Volq. Hammer in mine also. I tried the supplied hammer spring and had some light taps on the primer. On the advice of others in this forum I put the original hammer spring back in. Didn't seem to affect trigger pull weight any, and haven't had a problem since. Leave the original spring in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.