Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

I doubt this one is for sale any time soon

635 Views 5 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  z06
You have to scroll down nearly to the bottom to find the 52B (fourth from bottom actually).

http://county10.com/2012/03/21/family-artifacts-history-displayed-at-tuesdays-lvhs-night-at-the-museum/
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3,878 Posts
Wyoming

Thank goodness for that Steve!

A little further west in LA LA land you would have a swat team descend on the school and arrest the "evil doer" that brought the "assault rifle" to school. The rest of the students would have to undergo psychiatric counseling for having been exposed to "offensive weapons" and potential death and dismemberment at the hands of the "gun people".:rolleyes::confused::mad:

Meanwhile, every mugger, burglar, thief, gang banger and nut job in LACALIFUSA is packing a pistol or UZI and the people there have to depend on the LAPD to protect them, because "normal" people don't own guns.:mad:

It is schools with sensible attitudes like this one in Wyoming that still have the courage to sponsor competitive shooting as a sport and encourage their students to learn to be safe with firearms, shoot well and be responsible gun owners.:bthumb:

Kix

· Registered
3,331 Posts
Kix, That's one of the things I enjoy about the Cody show in July. The Reiley auditorium shares the building with an indoor swimming pool/work our gym. The whole time the gun show is going on, there are kids everywhere on the benches in front of the gun show. The kids don't think twice about all the guns being carried in front of them, nor do the parents apparently.
I keep thinking about that stupid law where it is a felony to have a gun within a certain distance of a school...apparently the folks in Wyoming don't see it that way. Very refreshing to say the least.
Steve

· Registered
278 Posts
I grew up in and spent most of my life in Wyoming. It's a really great state. You're right...... totally different mind set. A love for guns, hunting and fishing is almost a prerequisite to live there! In fact, I got to competitively shoot my first Model 52 when I was 14 going to school in Laramie. The University there had an ROTC unit with an indoor (underground) shooting range......that was available to the various NRA shooting programs. I believe I made it through Sharpshooter 7th bar that first season. Boy that brings back memories!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.