Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

I am stumped!!

342 Views 8 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  TheBadGuy2
I am looking into purchasing a Super Sniper scope as part of a plan to deck out my AR-15 and looking at SWFA's site, the 10x, 16x, and 20x are all the same price:

http://www.riflescopes.com/departme...er_rifle_scopes/super_sniper_rifle_scopes.htm

How can this be?? Why would you get a 10x if you can get a 20x for the same price??

I have a Bushnell 4200 Elite 6-24 on my 10/22 and while I LOVE the scope, I could use alittle more zoom when I go out to 100 yards, so overkill is when it comes to the power of the optics is not an issue for me :confused:
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,196 Posts
How about eye relief, field of view, freedom from mirage effects, and depth of field. All are better at lower powers. All can be a problem at too high a power for certain conditions or rifles.

For instance try 20x, without AO, at 20 yards.

· Registered
100 Posts
Scope magnification in and of itself doesnt't affect price if the rest of the scope specs stay the same. To increase magnification on a fixed power scope you just install an eyepiece of shorter focal lengh. They could market one magnifying a 100x or more for the same price but it would worthless unless you want to shoot at the moon. There is a lot more more to any optical device than just magnification. The quality of the glass, coatings,mechanicals, internal baffeling to increase contrast to name a few. I recently put an SS scope on my Bushmaster and went with the 10x model. I would have bought an 8x one if it were available. Thats plenty of magnification for me and makes for a better all round scope.

· Registered
354 Posts
I bought a Super Sniper model last year.
The body and weight were nice. Very user friendly for wind and elevation. (like they claim)

I sent it back the FIRST thing the next morning though.
When I looked through it. -The Clarity was very POOR-. Even when setting next to a Weaver or Burris and looking
through them @ the same time.
The Super Sniper was kind of -White and Glary- when trying to look @ things.
Clean and very user friendly. NICE Body / CRAPPY Glass. / you need to be careful when making purchases on the Low-End Scope market.

· Registered
354 Posts

Dude you cant beat the Weaver Grand Slam / Got to be the best buy for the Buck.$$$ this year.
I have seen them down to around, $ 339 on bearbasin optics.
in my opinion it's better clarity than Burris or Sightron & others for - LESS -$$$$$$
I got 3 weavers - 1 Sightron - 1 Burris, black Diamond - 2 Leopold. I am working on another LPS but would love to pick up a Nigtforce or US optics.

* If you shoot a Lot. You will not get a CASE of the RED-EYE as bad when scoping for hours with cheap glass.

· Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The highest Weaver Gland Slam I can find is the 6X20 and my 4200 has more power than that one. I am looking to extend my reach alittle with this one. I am thinking of the Bushnell 3200 fixed 10x40 for only $200. What do you think?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.