Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am already in the process of a 17hm2 conversion... I am telling the wife to order the parts and I will be installing them when I get out of Iraq. So I also am now wanting a 10/22Mag also. But I want to be able to shot the 17hmr. So what all is involved in the conversion. That way I don't spend money on the wrong parts. I am thinking about a VQ trigger group.... and the works but I want the parts to stand up to the 17hmr as well. If there is a link great. But any help would be nice.
And yes it is RFCs fault. You all got me hooked again. I was orginally hooked by a friend but after I built mine and out shot him the wife wanted one. Now she out shoots us both. So now I am looking in to somthing with a little more power that a 22lr but smaller than my 223 and 204.

Thanks

Ray

·
Registered
483 Posts
the only thing you need to do on the 10/22 mag is change the barrel to a 17hmr. anything else is just personal preferences.
we are talking about the 10/22 mag to 17hmr conversion aren't we??
any trigger group that will work with the 1/22 mag will work for the 17hmr.
if you get on brownells web site they are selling the jard trigger groups for a pretty good price. your other options are Kidd. if you do get the 10/22 mag I suggest you sent the bolt to CPC first. of all the modifications I made on mine this one was a definite MUST. it was the best forty eight bucks I spent.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. There went the bank account. HEHEHE. My wife is going to $hit when she sees the $800 I am about to spend on a rifle that I don't own yet. That way she will at least buy the rifle while I am gone.

Thanks again.

Ray

·
Registered
423 Posts
Ryan...check the 17HMR board. I've heard that the HMR has a higher chamber pressure and there may be another change needed to be made.

On another note...I got a buddy at Quantico who will be going to Iraq shortly. He can't wait...you Marines are a rare breed. Good luck to you.

1022 mags RULE!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Ed, What changes are you refering to? if it's the shim's that's only for the 77/22 barrels. other than that a drop in 17 barrel made for the 10/22 magnum wil be the only change needed. I do suggest a bolt buffer though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.