Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
59,312 Posts
As opposed to taking a Scout and dropping it in a Trainer stock to make a full sized stock with short threaded barrel...

or a chopped and restocked 452 American in .17m2 and a Silhouette stock, cerakoted and threaded.

The Tinker Toy approach to rifles is alive and well here at Rrc

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As opposed to taking a Scout and dropping it in a Trainer stock to make a full sized stock with short threaded barrel...

The Tinker Toy approach to rifles is alive and well here at RFC
That looks great! I couldn’t decide if I wanted to remove the rear sight but ultimately decided to leave it in place.

·
Registered
24 Posts
That is just that, cheek riser. I hate that they make a stock that was intended for open sights and not a scope. I have 2 Lux rifles, and both needed cheek risers

·
Registered
495 Posts
It was an 1898 rifle until bubba cut it down. In my ignorance I bought it. After discovering it wasn’t a carbine I cut it a little more recrowned the muzzle and bought the long Kraghaus scope base. Had a gunsmith d&t it for a 3rd hole. A good shooter. Added the pad too. A fast rig, when I shoulder it my eye is dead behind the scope. Krags are cool. I also have a correct 1899 Constabulary/School Rifle, a correct 1896 rifle and an 1896 carbine that is correct except for the rear non carbine sight.

·
Premium Member
1,497 Posts
It was an 1898 rifle until bubba cut it down. In my ignorance I bought it. After discovering it wasn’t a carbine I cut it a little more recrowned the muzzle and bought the long Kraghaus scope base. Had a gunsmith d&t it for a 3rd hole. A good shooter. Added the pad too. A fast rig, when I shoulder it my eye is dead behind the scope. Krags are cool. I also have a correct 1899 Constabulary/School Rifle, a correct 1896 rifle and an 1896 carbine that is correct except for the rear non carbine sight.
So cool.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Looks like you put the Hubble telescope on it. I see the dogs rule your car.
Me like as well. Nothing wrong with good glass. Use the best you can afford and never look back. Whot kind of reticle? Whot kind of can are you getting for it, or are you? And how does it shoot for you presently? Nice looking rifle!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Me like as well. Nothing wrong with good glass. Use the best you can afford and never look back. Whot kind of reticle? Whot kind of can are you getting for it, or are you? And how does it shoot for you presently? Nice looking rifle!
EBR-4 SFP reticle. A bit busy but a good chunk of info for longer shots. I have a dead air mask sitting in jail currently. It shoots great! Nice little groups at 25 yds. I’ll get some pics of the target next time.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts