Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the extended charging handle wasn't available when I bought my kit, I have the short little handles.

So I decided to just design my own. Decided on one similar to the ruger one on the bolt, and removing the right side with just a cover.
These are the prototypes. Waiting on a spool of Overture matte black filament to print the finals.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Forgive me, but I had to do a search on what an "HTA 90/22" was; by golly, it's a P/PS90 shell for a 10/22 rifle!

In all honesty, since I own an FNH PS90, the HST 90/22 is a little hard for me to look at, but I hope it works out well for you :)

Now, you mentioned "Overture" as your filament brand, but what type of filament will you be using?

I only ask because common PLA filament is biodegradable, and may not be the best type of filament to use as it will soften and deform with the heat found in your typical car on a hot day.

ABS or Nylon would be preferable; if so, if you're not already setup this way, you'll need to upgrade to a stainless steel nozzle to deal with the abrasion properties of these materials, and be a little more on the dot with your machine setup/slicing software.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fear not for my print.
both my wanhao i3 and my A10M have all metal hot ends. The i3 was converted with a microswis kit, A10M (Ender 3 clone) with dual extruders is all metal from the factory.

This print will be PLA+ mainly because it has the matte finish I want. Not to worried about degridation I don't leave my firearms sitting in hot cars. PLA+ does much better than people give it credit for. I built a light mount for our pool that has been on our pool deck for three years in middle Alabama. Hasn't come in once. Hasn't warped, isn't chaulky or brittle.

If this ever gives me issues I might load up some PETG.

BTW the HTA 90/22's are an absolute blast to shoot. I built mine for under $400 using a new 10/22 back when 10/22's could be had under $150. And it's about 7 cents a trigger pull

1 - 11 of 11 Posts