Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couldn't stay away from my bench any longer. It was 75% overcast today, but with really short, choppy,switching gusts. I thought maybe it might work to my advantage with the cataract. It did!

Nothing spectacular, but at least I could shoot something I could turn in this month.and not feel toooo ashamed of it. Nothing like I could do when I could see but it's better by far than sitting inside all day long reading the same posts over and over... ;)

Shot that 'special' match, first, just for giggles, and one target with Wolf, then it all started falling apart again with the eye half way through the target but I finished it anyhow, then quit.

It's hell to be addicted to something......

PS... Knitepoet. Thanks! I might order a brick of them. They actually shot better than I figured they would. Then again, when you can't see and still hit the target, it's something to talk about. Thanks again. Didn't even have to reset the scope... just held off a little bit and click clacked my self away. :D

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to see your out and shooting Ron.
I went out today and got to shoot two targets before the wind started doing its thang. Both were at 50yds, shot a 241 with my 10/22 and then a 225 with my Stevens. The wind was blowin' and suckin' all at the same time....I was just wastin' ammo after that so I packed up and went home. Harumph! JL

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Atta Boy Ron!!!

Dang glad to hear you got out to shoot, especially with the ammo you picked out!

I hope things on the cataract front go better for you soon. If I recall, my Gpaw had cataract surgery of some type in DesMoines about 10 years ago. He had been a welder at the Ford Tractor plant there (closed in '80??) for many years, all the weldin over the years finally caught up to him.

Eye problems are a B&(tch. I have a friend at work fighting glaucoma and another a retinal problem.

·
Registered
3,463 Posts
Dang, JL - if a 241 or less @ 50 is "wasting ammo", then I've wasted an awful lot of it. Sounds like mighty good shootin' to me. And with that durn click-clack, yet!!!!!!!! Congrats.....

·
Registered
321 Posts
Antlurz..

Glad to see ya were able to spend some of your time shootin instead of screwin with all my pictures!!!:D ;)
Maybe I can talk my girlfriend into pokin me in my eyes before I go out to shoot next time cuz I'm usually always ashamed of my scores.:confused:

Hope everything works out for ya.:t

·
Registered
16,533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Stan,
That 241 was before the wind started blowing. It went to he...ck after that. The range has berms on three sides, makes for some down-right frusteratin' conditions at times. JL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.