Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I would say you got a great deal for a NIB 40th and with the extra mag. Now the big question is what are your plans for it?

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
.22 shooter said:
plans? trigger job fire sights or redot and sight in and shoot.
I was only curious if you were going to go hog wild or keep it near factory condition. It's fun to hear about what kind of rifle it's going to turn into. :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
AK said:
I was only curious if you were going to go hog wild or keep it near factory condition. It's fun to hear about what kind of rifle it's going to turn into. :)
I see no need to go hog wild with these guns. They shoot great as is. Although some of those ultimates do look pretty nice. You just end up with too much tied up in it.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I picked up a 40th anniversary stock for 25 buck's when I bought the 12 year old's camo 10/22 this year.
I put in my 1976 receiver with a GM Running Boar barrel.
Basickly turning it into a, "Custom Squirrel Knocker".
Haveing a blast with it.
Really did not want to modify the origional barrel and stock.
American Librety Model.
So anything goes with this one..
It's a shooter.
I am still debating a good glass bed job.
For now ,I have light front foream presure.
It is grouping 3 type's of ammo from 1/2-5/8 th's at 50 yard's, with an occasional 3/8th's threwn in, from a bag rest.
Does anyone here have experience with the Runnung Boar completly freefloated?
I am a bit hesitent because it is a 22 inch long tapered barrel with extra weight out on the last 4 inches. That is why I have not free floated her yet.
Most likely will glass bed the receiver ,and piller bed the take down screw ,and first 2-3 inches of the barrel.
Haveing a ball with it for now.
Jed..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.