Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

How to set up for sub sonic ammo

606 4
Does anyone have a good working combo they can share with me?

I would like to modify my P22 to cycle perfectly with quiet ammo (CB Longs?/suggestions?).

I have read on other guns guys modify recoil and hammer springs, and polish stuff for smooth operation. Has anyone successfully tried this on a P22?

Jeff
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Not a pro at this stuff, but my first suggestion would be is figure out which sub-sonic ammo runs the best (accuracy wise) in your P-22. Then configure the gun around it.

Recoil spring is a good start. Smoothing out the guts will help, too. Maybe your lucky and Walther would have lighter springs or spring kits for sub-sonics?

My thoughts anyway. Enjoy.

steev

·
Registered
243 Posts
Try Remington SubSonics First

They should function then go to another brand and see what you pistol likes. I find the P22 is not really picky though. Most Match Ammo if not all is subsonic and should also work. I would stay away from the CB's since the lighter projectiles will not generate the needed pressure. CCI Green Tags are a good choice but somewhat pricey but they do come 100 to a box so you must take that into consideration when looking at their price.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.