Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So here it is I have a new scope Burris Timberline and Signature ZEE rings.
I have always been a put it on and sight it in kind of guy. I will make sure eye relief and it is in focus and the cross hair are level. My question is what do I need to do to get the most out of my scope?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would recommend you watch the Burris video on the Signature ZEE rings before you do anything. http://www.burrisoptics.com/sigrings.html
If you haven't bought the offset inserts I would do that for the small cost of about $10 from Midway I think. The Burris #626019.
I think that would be my first step. It seems like the rest you already know. Oh, and don't forget to read the manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Did you watch the video, it explains that? You mount the scope as normal with the stock inserts. When you test fire it and find out the scope is off more that 5" at 100 yards you install one set of inserts. If you are off 10" or 15 " at 100 yards you would install one of the other two inserts. It is all explained very well in the video. If you are off less than 5" at 100 yards you don't need the inserts just adjust the scope using it's adjustments. It's actually very easy if you watch the video, better than me explaining it.

·
Registered
5,501 Posts
How do I tell if I need the offset inserts?
This link explains everything you need to know about boresighting a scope to rifle, plus there are special instructions for owners that have Burris signature rings. There are many ways to do it. It is very detailed for the purist, and you don't have to follow all the "purist" steps. If you lap your rings, or bed your rifle, then you are a purist! A purist WILL take advantage of the offset inserts to remove any large or even minor offset errors, but it is not necessary for most people. Read it, and feel free to post any questions or corrections, as I modify this post if there are any errors, or better ways to explain a subject.

US optics has some good video instructions that you can download. Do the erector boresighting first.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Try clicking the circle, it should load. You may have to click it again to play after it loads. There is also the possibility you may need a plugin for your browser if it still doesn't work.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.