Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Anschutz age

22big,
If you have a specific rifle look on a factory barrel on the left side just ahead of the receiver on the barrel. you will see a two digit number stamped on the barrel. That is the year it was made. "75" would indicate 1975, etc.
Hope this helps. - BJM

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Like BJ said, the date code is stamped on the barrel just forward of the rteceiver on the left side. If it's an older gun the code will be numerical for the year of mfg - 74, 75, etc. On the newer guns (80's & up) it is an alphabetic year code - A=0, B=1, C=2 on thru H, which =8, then for some reason, J was skipped & K=9; so "HB"=1981, "KA"=1990, etc..................

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
No, I don't. But I imagine if you email Anschutz the Serial no. they can tell you. I'm not familiar with the 1422 but I would think that the "Meister" grade would be identified as such by markings somewhere on the gun.

·
Registered
3 Posts
The 1422D was the predecessor to the 1710. These are the sporters on the 54 action. I've emailed Anschutz with the serial no. and the said records no longer existed. I would have thought they would still have information on this as it was built in 1985. A friend has an identical rifle and as far as we can tell, the only way of knowing if it is a "Meister" grade is the designation on the original box it was shipped in from the factory. Apparently the only difference between this and a standard is Fancy vs. semi-fancy wood. At least that's what I get from their catalogs. Lonnie

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Yeah, that was my thinking too, that the only difference in any of the Meister grades, in any models, was that they had a little higher grade wood on them. You'd think they would mark them as such some way, though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.