Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to use the bolt-lock-torsion-spring modification for the stock trigger but to do so, I have to cut the radius (semi-circle) into the stock trigger around the trigger pin so the circle part of the torsion spring fits onto the trigger. I'd appreciate any suggestions on how I can cut this semi-circle into the stock trigger? If there's a link to a dyi for this, I couldn't find it in my searches.

(I really like my skeeter trigger, in part because of how easy it was to add the torsion (bolt lock) spring to it. Allthough I'll likely some day just order a couple more wide skeeter triggers because of their added width, I'd like to tinker now with a thinner stock trigger to see what I can accomplish on my own. In other words, buying additional skeeter triggers isn't an option for me right now.)

Thanks,

Mark

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Mark,
I have been working on one. I will post a couple pics tomorrow. What I did,
put the trigger on a 1/8' bit and used it as a pivot on a mill. Used a 1/8" end mill bit and spun the trigger to cut a 1/4" diameter lip on which to set a 1/4" X 3/8" sleeve flange. The torsion spring sits snuggly aroung the sleeve and should work just fine. Had to do it this way because cutting a 3/8" wouldn't work because of the angled step on the side of the trigger wouldn't allow the spring to set right. Makes sense, huh? WILL POST A PIC TOMORROW!:bthumb:

Heres pics of what I am doing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.