Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have just bought a 10/22 and there are a couple of things i would like to do, but i need some insides ....
1. i am thinking to buy a COMP Carbon Fiber Barrel (VOLQUARTSEN)... is it ok ? any other suggestion
2. also need to buy a bipod.... suggestions please which one and where to buy it
3. and magazines 30 or 50 rounds..... ?

please any opinions will help me to make up my decission.... thanks

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Welcome to RFC

The VQ Carbon barrel is a good one. Harris bipods have been around for a long time and are some of the best, you just need to decide on what height and if you want it to swivel or not.

Stick with the factory magazines because the aftermarket ones will only give you headaches in the end.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes I want it to swivel, then what is the most common height (which model you would choose?),
Do you suggest not buying the 30 rounds mag….? Then factory mags only have 10 rounds…. And I am looking for high capacity, thanks

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
What are you going to be using the bipod for? Bench or out in the field?

The best mags are the Butler Creek Steel Lip 25 rounders, I would avoid the Ramline and Eagle mags.

If you stumble across some Condor mags avoid them also.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
The 9-13 inch model will work good if you don't mind being on the ground or get the longer model so you can kneel or sit.

I don't think you can add a silencer to a VQ carbon barrel.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
HarryHaller said:
Peru, South America.....
I was only curious because suppressors are a heavily regulated item here in the US. :rolleyes: Your going to need a all steel barrel to fit one.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
send your trigger to one of the gurus that frequent this site. they do wonders on factory ruger triggers, for a fraction of the price of VQ, Jard, or whoever. PM some of them with your questions.

Trigger Gurus:
TTShooter
CPC
Skeeter27Red (makes an adjustable hammer, not sure if he'll work over your entire trigger group)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.