Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help please.... I have a Fajen Silhouette, GM .920 20" fluted and VQ TG2000. What is the best proceedure to properly bed the action and barrel? I noticed that there seems to be a very small ledge that holds the rear of the action in the stock. I've read Ted's bedding proceedure in the "Tips" section but am not sure if it applies to my setup. I have the VQ bedding system, but have not installed it yet. Do I float the barrel? Should I sand the barrel channel? If anyone has experience with this particular rig I would greatly appreciate some advice as I am new to this and do not want to mess it up.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Follow the directions in the Volquartsen bedding kit for that part and the wooden nub at the rear of the stock/receiver is all that holds the receiver in the stock at the rear....glassing that with a couple of filled holes drilled into the wood to fill with the bedding compound and a GOOD DOUBLECOAT of release compound on the metal and then do the front pillar......use a 1 inch round bar,wooden dowell, deep well socket that is 1 inch in diameter to open the barrel channel with wrapped around sandpaper for the .920 barrel.....after fitting the Volquartsen kit then check if you want to bed the barrel for a couple of inchs in the front of the receiver.....I did the pillar and then when it and the rear was finished and good and hardened I did the barrel....then finish opening up the wood to give good clearance around the barrel and if it shoots to suit that way seal the open wood with a good thin sealer and be sure to allow for the thickness of the sealer in the channel when you open it up.......HTH,...good luck and good shooting!!!

·
Registered
848 Posts
This one looks O.K.Basically,this is how it looks after it has set up.The front action area was bedded.I left the rear alone.The barrel channel has about 3" in it and a small bubble which is easily fixed.Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys...that helps a lot. It helps to see the photo too! When I bed that rear "nub" do I build it out some towards the front of the rifle?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.