Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

How many rounds do you shoot when you go out?

• 1 - 50

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 51 - 100

Votes: 3 3.3%
  • 101 - 200

Votes: 29 32.2%
  • 201 - 300

Votes: 21 23.3%
  • 301 - 400

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • 401 - 500

Votes: 10 11.1%
  • 501 - 600

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 601 - 1,000

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • 1,001 - 2,000

Votes: 2 2.2%
  • 2,001 +

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
I usually shoot at least a brick of ammo out of my 10/22 every time I go to the range. Add to that at least another 100 or so of .223, out of either of my MINI-14s, or 100 rounds or so out of either of my Marlin Camp Nines in 9mm.

When I go to the range, I HAVE to make it worth while! Gotta burn up the ammo!

Good Shooting!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
I try to get through a brick, but usually about 200-300 as time allows. It's easier though when I go with friends and/or there are more guns!!!

nwo said:
When I go to the range, I HAVE to make it worth while! Gotta burn up the ammo!
NWO - I wanna go shooting with you!

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
It all depends on what I am doing. If I am sighting in a new rifle I usually go thru about 100-200 rounds. If I am out plinking it can range anywhere from 30-500 rounds.

·
Registered
555 Posts
MinusB said:
I try to get through a brick, but usually about 200-300 as time allows. It's easier though when I go with friends and/or there are more guns!!!

NWO - I wanna go shooting with you![/QUOTE]

You are more than welcome to come! The more guns going BANG! The better!

·
Registered
445 Posts
It depends,but if I'm alone,it's usually not very many.Usually just enough to check out a new purchase.

However,if others are there and we're shootin' everything we have,we can go through a couple of bricks in a few hours real easy. :Blasting_

BW

·
Registered
936 Posts
I normally burn up at least 3 or 4 boxes of rimfire ammo and 50 to 100 rds of whatever C/F handgun I have along. If I'm accuracy testing some handloads in a hard kicking rifle caliber, 1 to 3 five shot groups. (The first is always the best!) Oddly enough, I read that Jim Carmichel feels anything more than about 30 rds is too much for SERIOUS practice. I admire and respect Jim as the "Guru" of shooting (since Jack O'Connor passed) but 30 rounds? I'm just getting warmed up! Of course he was probably referring to C/F rifle but still.....I guess his idea is to stop while your enthusiasm is at it's highest so you're all fired up to go shooting the next day?!?

FWIW,

Dennis

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I rarely go to the range to just shoot, it is usually for some type of competition or league. So with silhouette matchs and the leagues I am in , usually 100-200.

Although I just finished a league where I would drive 1 1/2 hours or so rond trip, just to shoot 15 shots.

Not sure if that is dedication to the sport, dedication to my hobby, or just plain stupidity.

When it stops being fun I will find something else to waste my money on.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
Okay, I'll bite. I said 401-500... various caliber's.
Mm... let's see... today I shot maybe 40-60 rounds through my SKS,
a couple hundred .22lr through the CS Special,
a box of 50 through my c/f carry piece,
and finished up with a few boxes of cheap Peters .22 with the Buckmark...

But I got there late.

-S

·
Premium Member
3,416 Posts
i generally shoot 3-4 boxes of 22lr ammo, since the range is a good 15 mins away, gas prices and low income (factory work) i dont get out as much as id like. too bad i didnt live in a more secluded location so i could set up a range out back of my house :) when we used to shoot out back my brother and I easily went through over 500 rounds one day, very surprized the neighbors didnt come out yellin! or call the cops even...

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
:D Conjures font images, Woodchuck.

Back in the day (before overdevelopment) I could shoot out back of my dad's house. More than about 6 rounds generally had the neighbors hollering...
"Hey! We under attack?!"
And then it was ON! :D
All shapes and sized of guns were hauled out from belts, boots and shoulder rigs. Grown men scampering back to the house like 12 year-olds just invited to a waterfight, "I'moan'git mah car-bean!"
It sounded like a war zone. Milk jugs, tin cans and fence posts didn't stand a chance.
We were always safe and if you weren't shooting, you had to be on the porch.

-S

·
Registered
627 Posts
For me it depends. If I'm out in the hills with my grandpa, we'll shoot all day. .17HMR .22, .45, shotguns, even his 5.5mm Velo Dog. (Can't hit nothing with that thing, by the way). We probably would shoot close to 800 or 900 rounds on a day like that.

But when I go with my buddies who have wives, girlfriends, jobs and can't stay out all day, probably 150 or 200 rounds.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.