Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

how much did you or would you pay for a takedown

17716 Views 106 Replies 71 Participants Last post by  jeepwm69
my local gun shop has or had the stainless for $335 and the camo and black threaded barrel for $399. the saleperson said the all black threaded one should be somewhere in the middle. im on the waiting list.

anyways how much did you or would you pay for a takedown.
61 - 80 of 107 Posts

· Registered
334 Posts
My 10/22 Take Down

In my area (So Oregon) TD's sell for $399 @ Sportsman's Warehouse.

Never seen them at local Wally World's.

There's Dicks, but that's what they are. Lets not forget that anti 2nd stunt they pulled earlier this year.
Like many others, I've permanently boycotted them (refuse to do biz with) since then.

That leave's me with mail order..
Ruger 10/22 Take-down Semi-Automatic 22 Long Rifle - lotta people don't like them either; no comment.

Ruger 10/22TD 22LR Take-down Copper Mica Threaded - I got one of these for $316.77 + $30 for my FFL

Posted the link in Rimfirecentral.com's Sponsor Forums-> Gun.Deals area for the benefit of all.

Wish I could have got the deal(s) you year 2019 guys have quoted. Oh well, did the best I could.

Upgrades: X-22 Backpacker with TacSol barrel combo, Clark Custom trigger pack, JWH 2nd Ad bolt,
Power Custom Titanium Bolt Handle, poly buffer, AmNat Firearms SS V-Block screw set, Tac Innovations SS TD Screws
Had everything except the X-22 & barrel, might as well use them.

The factory take off parts are listed in the classifieds here on RFC

· Premium Member
12,010 Posts
Oh, I think you did fine! It’s not so much what you pay, it’s more how hard you play!:bthumb:

Mine goes with me every day. Mostly , just in case someone says , let’s go to the range , and have some fun. But also as my get home rifle . Stainless, in a magpul BP stock, trs 25 red dot, Williams hi viz irons and a Bx trigger. 4 Bx 25 magazines, 3 Bx 10s in the stock an 1 in the gun. All loaded with velocitors. I’m not taking prisoners!:eek:bag has other stuff I might need too! Forks knives spoons 9 mm pistol.....

But mostly it’s just a gas at the indoor range. No bench there, so it’s just stand and shoot freehand , with a 3 MOA red dot at 25 yards that’s 3/4 of an inch , about the size of my groups at 25 yards. Good practice !

They are really fun guns. Sometimes the bench gets boring, and it’s nice to have a 1022 that I can just pick up point and shoot!:bthumb:

· Registered
334 Posts
Oh, I think you did fine! It's not so much what you pay, it's more how hard you play!:bthumb:

Mine goes with me every day. Mostly , just in case someone says , let's go to the range , and have some fun. But also as my get home rifle . Stainless, in a magpul BP stock, trs 25 red dot, Williams hi viz irons and a Bx trigger. 4 Bx 25 magazines, 3 Bx 10s in the stock an 1 in the gun. All loaded with velocitors. I'm not taking prisoners!:eek:bag has other stuff I might need too! Forks knives spoons 9 mm pistol.....

But mostly it's just a gas at the indoor range. No bench there, so it's just stand and shoot freehand , with a 3 MOA red dot at 25 yards that's 3/4 of an inch , about the size of my groups at 25 yards. Good practice !

They are really fun guns. Sometimes the bench gets boring, and it's nice to have a 1022 that I can just pick up point and shoot!:bthumb:
1x BX-10 in the rifle + 3x BX-25's in front lower compartment. SR22 with spare mags up top.

Cuz of the 16" barrel, both 1/2's of the rifle fit the [internal] front compartments.
Leaves the back two for.. spare ammo, various knives, forks, spoons, toothbrush & paste, condoms, etc.

Picked up one of these.. spiral compensator for Ruger 10/22 factory threaded barrels - only place I've seen that style.
Fits well & looks nice on the front of SR22's also, using factory Ruger threaded barrel kit (p/n-90520)

If I keep the factory TD barrel, will get another with matte finish. These sights too.. 10/22 Fiber Optic Sight Set

I've looked into the TacSol barrel to save weight, but it comes with the latching mech that can be [easily] transferred from the factory barrel.
Skip the latching mech, include a Hogue front end to accommodate the bull barrel & keep the price the same.

I highly recommend that owners read page 14 of the manual (or 16 depending on when it was printed), adjusting the locking ring, have mine set nice-n-snug. No slop = better accuracy.

Great rifles for bush pilots, SHTF, BOB's, etc.

Happy shooting everybody :):)

· Registered
504 Posts
I think it varies by locale but has anyone seen a deal on the take down at wal mart?
I understand they are revamping everything with a new firearms and ammo policy much to our chagrin.
While I would rather not patronize places with bad gun policies I figure one last good deal would be fine.

· Registered
334 Posts
I think it varies by locale but has anyone seen a deal on the take down at wal mart?
I understand they are revamping everything with a new firearms and ammo policy much to our chagrin.
While I would rather not patronize places with bad gun policies I figure one last good deal would be fine.
Doubt if you'll find any a week after they're infamous announcement :mad:

Between the house, congress & WM's BS policy, I fore-see a return of the great Obozo 22lr ammo shortage.

So.. WM saw the last of my biz on Tues when I stocked up on 22lr just in case. Went back for more on Wed.

Sucks that I should have to spend so much $$ on something I won't need for a long time, but..

· Registered
334 Posts
Attachment - Nice Wood Take Down Stock

Did Mike Warren do that stock for you??

---------------------------------------------------

In answer to the original question..

If I had it to do over - I would buy a stripped receiver & build it myself like I've done with my conventional 10/22's.

Already had a trigger pack re-worked by Clark Custom, JWH bolt, charging handle, buffer + the piddly crap.

Would have only needed a stock & barrel. Upgraded my rifle with the Magpul X-22 + TacSol barrel kit, so..

Could have saved a couple hundred $$ & the hassle of trying to sell the left over parts I ended up with.

· Premium Member
12,010 Posts
MannlicherFan:Did Mike Warren do that stock for you?[/QUOTE said:
No, that's a Talo French Walnut .

What started the itch was the thread with the full stock Mannlicher take down. I saw the picture and it stuck in the back of my mind. Then I saw this one .

Haven't had it out yet. Too busy at work. Booming economy and all! Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

This one isn't going to live in the bag, like my stainless in the magpul stock. The TD feature will just be for cleaning.

I have modded every 1022 that I have , so it will just be my Stock carbine. Albeit with a better trigger, just a Bx for now.

Although, if they made a LVT barrel for the TD, it would be sporting one:p

· Registered
334 Posts
No, that's a Talo French Walnut .

What started the itch was the thread with the full stock Mannlicher take down. I saw the picture and it stuck in the back of my mind. Then I saw this one.

Haven't had it out yet. Too busy at work. Booming economy and all! Hope it shoots as good as it looks.

This one isn't going to live in the bag, like my stainless in the Magpul stock. The TD feature will just be for cleaning.

I have modded every 1022 that I have , so it will just be my Stock carbine. Albeit with a better trigger, just a Bx for now.

Although, if they made a LVT barrel for the TD, it would be sporting one:p
Mike Warren did that stock.. Mke Warren - Ruger 10/22 Takedown Wood Stocks

As you can see, he will take the Talo French Walnut or any other Ruger conventional stock & convert it to a take-down configuration.

I'm in the process of working with him (when time permits) on shortening my Mannlicher (Mod 1265) stock to accept a 16" barreled action.

I didn't / don't know if you were aware of Mike & his services.

Took mine out last Saturday and it's the worst 10/22 I own, the only thing consistent was the FTF's.

While cleaning the receiver I studied the bottom of the [JWH] bolt including comparing it other JWH's & factory bolts.

The leading edge of that rail below the firing pin was not cut correctly so [I'm guessing] that it's not stripping fresh rounds out of the mag correctly.
The mags worked perfect in my kids rifle, so that's not it.

Installed a JWH from a different rifle that has seen several trips to the range without issue, but the NW weather gods decided we needed rain today.
First time I've had issues with a JWH product, not to worry, I'll call them first thing Monday morning & take it from there.

If your talking about a lite weight barrel, this is all I found.. X-Ring .22LR Takedown Barrels, I got one of the bull's.
Barrel with Pike Arms flash hider mounted in Magpul X-22 fore-end = 22oz's. Factory barrel in carbine style fore-end with barrel band = 30oz's.

Have the X-22 Backpacker - came as of part of the stock / TacSol barrel set I got from Optics Planet for my BOB, so it'll live in a bag.
Specs say LOP is 13.75", but it's too short for me. I'll call Magpul tomorrow & see what they have to say.

I've been trying to sell the left over parts from the upgrades done to my TD with no success.
Might get a receiver, put the parts in it & drop the assembly into a nice wood stock like you did.

Take care :)
Regards,​

61 - 80 of 107 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.