Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
We can do that.

I have the database that keeps track of the E-Mail Match records. Once, a few months ago we had enough CZ shooters to make up a 4 man team, so I included a CZ team along with a Click-Clack and "Match Grade" Bolt Gun teams.

I am seeing more and more CZs in the matches. So: Just for fun, I will break out the top 4 CZ shooters for the February Match. We'll see how they do against the Click-Clacks and the Match Grade Bolt Guns.

Will: On second thought, maybe we should divide those heavy rifles by brand too. Anschutz, Remington, Winchester, Suhl, Hall, Turbo, Walther etc.

Fair warning: The CZ is not as easy to shoot off the bench as the heaver guns. I've been shooting the CZ-452 American for the past four years. It's a real challange. If you want to join us in the challange, read the E-Mail Match rules stuck at the top of the "OnLine Match" forum. Then ask questions here.

Joe Haller

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
No Problem!

Hi Mike. You can tell Debbie that I said: "You did a GOOD thing".

We NEED more recruiters like you.

The very reason our club down here in Mission Texas started these E-Mail Matches was to encourage more shooters to get involved in the sport of rimfire benchrest competition. AND: To shoot with what they have in their gun rack.

Lots of shooters would like to try this game: But, the equipment needed to be competitive in any of the national rimfire benchrest associations is high dollar.

The E-Mail Matches are not affiliated with any of the national associations. We wrote up a set of rules that basically say: "Shoot What Ya Got". We don't have equipment classes. We use "performance" classification like the NRA uses: Master, Expert, Sharpshooter, Marksman, etc. Each of us shoots ourselves into a class, based on a combination of our marksmanship skills and the accuracy of our rifles (or pistols). Yup: We have guys shooting pistols. We don't give 'em no handicap either. They shoot "guts" with the rifles, and some of them have embarrassed a few rifle shooters too.

Embarrassment? Well: Ya got to have a sense of humor if you are going to shoot with us. We have some VERY good shooters in these matches. We use our real names and real home towns in our score bulletins, and we show our marksmanship skills (or lack of them) to the whole world, when we shoot in these matches.

You will be shooting with (against) some of the best, and you will really know how you stack up against them if you join us.

So: If you have a sense of humor; If you can put your ego in your hip pocket; If you want to have some real FUN: Look over the E-Mail Match rules. Then: Don't just sit there. Do Something!

Joe Haller - E-Mail Match Coordinator
[email protected]

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Looks like . . .

. . . I am being asked to make up another rule. Been trying to accomodate everyone that is interested in shooting with us. So: OK, we will include the Brnos on the CZ team: Until we have enough Brnos to field their own 4 man team anyway.

Us CZ guys could use a little help right now. At least until we learn the tricks needed, to manage that light CZ-452 on the sand bags.

Send in a BRNO score for March, Reg.

Any more of you guys (CZ or BRNO) willing to jump in? You learn new stuff about marksmanship skills when you expose your ego to the test of match competiton.

Read the E-Mail Match rules at the top of the "OnLIne Match" forum.

Joe

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
More Match Info.

---------------------------
Cheatermk3:
We allow the ,17 caliber Hummers in the 50 yard match. The 22 Magnum too. They shoot with/against the regular .22 long rifle. If or when there are at least ten rimfire magnums entered in the matches, we will set up a seperate division for them: At a distance they would prefer. (75 or 100 yards).

The NRA has a special .17 caliber scoring gauge. Order one if you want to shoot with us. You also must order your own official USBR targets.
GOV:
The rules are "stuck" at the top of the "OnLine Match" forum. All the scores are sent to me: [email protected] at the end of each month and I post the scores in the OnLine Match forum.
Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.