Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondered how many folks like the Savage 93R17 HMR and all of versions of it?
I like mine so much that I ended up get a second one.
I think that for the money these Savage magnum rimfires are one of the best deals on the market for a nicely built, dependable, and accurate HMR.

Both of mine are factory synthetic stocked basic rifles. I see some of you guy's have some great looking wood stocks and stainless versions as well.

How many different versions of the 93R17 is there and what do you have?

·
Registered
941 Posts
I have the stainless steel heavy barrel version with Accu-Trigger. It started life with a synthetic stock, but now wears a Boyd's Ross Thumbhole stock. Plus, a silver Mueller APV scope in Burris Zee rings.

Very accurate and a real pleasure to own and shoot.

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
I have a 93R17 BTVS, which is the stainless steel, thumbhole. It sports a Nikon Buckmaster scope.
I'm back from the range, it was an interesting day, and the .17 did fairly well at 50 yards.

Sorry about the lighting, it wasn't taken with a very good camera.

Gary

·
Registered
16 Posts
I started with a Savage MKII G as a cheep plinker liked it so much got a Model 12 VLP stainless in 22-250 and just got a 93/17 BVSS. They are all great guns. Still breaking int he 93, at 50 yards the MKII is still more accurate.

·
Registered
33 Posts
well, being on SS, very limited funds, mine is a 93 17 F scoped with a Simmons 22mag 3x9x40 AO. have less than $300 invested. not too costly, or purity, or fancy but, iffin there's no breeze, she'll lay Hornady 17 vmax into less than a 3 in. 3 shot group at 200 yds every time. might not suite some, but for 78 year young eyes, just suites me fine. diesel

·
Registered
5,825 Posts
Diesel,
A 3" group at 200 yards is mighty fine shooting, in my opinion. Good on ya!

Gary

·
Registered
14 Posts
93 btv

Blue, thumb-hole with a Leupold VXII 3x9-40 and a Harris bipod. Good on sage rats out to 230+yards with the help of a spotter and quiet conditions. I like it so much that I bought a Mark II, BTV in .22 LR and have a Nikon 4X-32 on it. The Accu-Triggers are a great feature for these inexpensive rifles.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Blue, thumb-hole with a Leupold VXII 3x9-40 and a Harris bipod. Good on sage rats out to 230+yards with the help of a spotter and quiet conditions. I like it so much that I bought a Mark II, BTV in .22 LR and have a Nikon 4X-32 on it. The Accu-Triggers are a great feature for these inexpensive rifles.
I agree, the Accutrigger is a nice benefit that makes these rifles more appealing and more favorable for those that cannot afford custom or purpose built rifles with very forgiving trigger assemblies.

I just scored another one last weekend that is gently used and shows very little wear and tear. I found a great deal on a used chunk of glass for it and plan on giving it to my son for this up and coming Squirrel season.
I have less then $200 in the rifle and the scope, not too bad for an addition to our rimfire collection while on a budget.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.