Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

How many 10/22 magazines do you own?

5877 Views 44 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  JebNY
I ask this b/c I own 12 - 10 round magazines and 4 - 25 round magazines, and I own 4 - 10/22 rifles(currently own 2, with 2 more receivers on order).

How many magazines do you own per rifle or total? Is there a soft cap on the amount or ratio one should have?

We all know the "one is none and two is one" saying. But what do you think?

I think I am "set" for the time being, but wanted to get a census from the forum readers.

S

Edit: all my magazines are Ruger Factory magazines.
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

· Registered
260 Posts
good question~!

I own 2 ruger 10rounds
2 butler creek 25round steel lips
1 butler creek 25 round plastic lips (will NEVER buy or reccomend them... EVER)
3 ruger BX-25s... they are amazing.

I also own 2 10/22s

I have no ratio or reason to my mags, 2 that came with the guns, anything I buy is 25 rounds, now I will only buy BX. I like the current ammount cus if I shoot alone I reload the mags less (although I do have the speed loader thing) or plinking with friends there are enough for the shooters to have 2 25round mags and one person reloading or ready with 2.

· Registered
666 Posts
2 factory 10s
2 Bulter Creek junk 25s
2 Shooters Ridge junk 30s
2 Factory 25s that work when clean. So I ordered 2 more. That will let me run 200-300 rounds for a range trip before I have to take them home and clean them again.

· Registered
5,129 Posts
I own 10 ten rounders (7black, 3 clear), and 2 BX-25s. I plan on buying 2-4 more BX-25s here shortly....I put off the CDNN sale this weekend and then forgot once it was too late.

Here's my mags(1 not in pic still in rifle) in their handy case to bring to the range..,very convenient and only cost $5 or so:bthumb:

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I own 10 ten rounders (7black, 3 clear), and 2 BX-25s. I plan on buying 2-4 more BX-25s here shortly....I put off the CDNN sale this weekend and then forgot once it was too late.

Here's my mags(1 not in pic still in rifle) in their handy case to bring to the range..,very convenient and only cost $5 or so:bthumb:

Nice looking case, that is what I have been looking for to keep them separate. Thanks a ton for the idea. Hope you don't mind if I steal it. :) Steal the idea that is. lol

S

· Premium Member
39,147 Posts
I have two BX-25 magazines and 6 10 rounders. All for my two 10/22s and one Charger. I know, I'm magazine-deficient. :)

· Registered
583 Posts
Actually a good question because I didn't know, but you made me want to check.

Found 3 factory 10s but I know I have at least three more in various range bags, 5 BX-25s, 11 Hot Lips, 2 25s and a 50 round Shooters Ridge. They function well with good ammo and if you keep them clean, but the BX25s are better.

I may have another HotLips or two in range bags, but I think that's pretty much all of them.

· Registered
20,844 Posts
The good Doc. Heck is ANAL...my hero :bthumb: :D

2-3 mags per gun...right now that would make 42 mags. :eek:

· Registered
20,844 Posts
Im not anal! I just like ALL my gear spotless and in its specific place. Containers containers containers....ok, so I am a bit anal;):D My OCD makes me this way...I won't even get into why I can only have 7 ice cubes in my drink.:p:D
You just keep doin' what the voices in your head tell you to do... ;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.