Votes: 10 31.3%
  • 30 or more

Votes: 8 25.0%
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw the married one pop up so I thought I would do and opposite post.
How much happier are you and have you found greener pastures?
It will be 20 years for me . In the meantime I found the love my life that I lost in 2014.

·
Premium Member
1,137,361 Posts
Finalized on Good Friday 1976, remarried in 82 forever but the 6yrs between were packed with many fond memories 🥰 if ya know what I mean.
Al the ret. player

ETA~ whats a great 40th anniversary gift?

Reactions: Bascoloco

·
Registered
67 Posts
When I first got with the wife, she worked for her parents at a paralegal office. She did divorce and child support mods for a living. She no longer does that but I'm sure she know the do's and don'ts and who to talk to in the industry. We have 2 kids, soI can barely afford to be married, so there is no way I'm going to get divorced.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Divorced and couldn't be happier. I believe in marriage the way god intended it to be. However, the leftists and feminists have turned it into something else. As long as women have all the power in courts they will use whatever dirty trick they can to ruin marriage, children, men and seek gain for themselves.

Show these videos to any young man contemplating marriage:

·
Registered
120 Posts
divorced june of 2011..she saw greener pastures but found out fast it had plenty of weeds and the other half broke it off with her soon after she filed....when they say a blessing in disguise...and how expensive but worth every penny in the end....I will never get married again.....and trying to find the right one is an impossible task..especially nowadays with all the karens and gold diggers...but the search keeps going...so far the best companion has been my dog....he wont screw me over or use what he knows against me....and will stay loyal...and cost a hell of a lot less than a wife...

·
Registered
131 Posts
Being observant and such, I've seen how marriage can potentially ruin a good relationship. So I never bothered with it...even though I refer to my significant other as "the wife", most often I just call her mama. Nearly 13 years together with an 11 year old, and she wears me out about getting married. I always figured I can't afford a divorce. You know, gamble what you can afford to lose and all :)

·
Premium Member
1,137,361 Posts
Being observant and such, I've seen how marriage can potentially ruin a good relationship. So I never bothered with it...even though I refer to my significant other as "the wife", most often I just call her mama. Nearly 13 years together with an 11 year old, and she wears me out about getting married. I always figured I can't afford a divorce. You know, gamble what you can afford to lose and all :)
In some states living together for X about of years ='s marriage, so as ya know.

Great avatar 937. (y)

Reactions: Howland937

·
Registered
120 Posts
you are 100% correct..I have seen many relationships go down in flames after getting married..here is how I see it....
your dating and both trying hard to be together.....you get engaged, now the mentality is were together so we dont have to try as hard and some decisions of the future can be causing friction....then you get married and the mentality changes to, now were stuck together and it starts going downhill from bliss to more issues because you are now legally responsible for each other....not all cases, but I would say the majority in todays times end up this way...my advice stay single if you have assets get married if you have nothing..so when you get divorced you lose alot less...

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
This has turned into the happily married after the divorce thread.. I'm happily divorced after the divorce in 2012. Never again will I tie my happiness to the happiness level of someone else.. Happy life is a happy wife? Nope.

Signed,
Thoroughly Jaded and Moderately Bitter
Esquire

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well never been married or divorced. When I was younger I worked a lot. Lot's of overtime and from the time I was 24-46 in the National Guard. So not much free time. No kids that I'm aware of in this country or others.
My retirement accounts are looking good. I have no debt.
Everything in life has a price. I guess it depends on what you want and are willing to work for and deal with. I've heard and seen many good and bad stories play out in life.
I have four spoiled rescued dogs. They make me laugh every day and give me a good welcome home every time.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts