Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to buy a very nice looking Rem 37 from a local dealer. But first I need to make sure it's original. I understand that the original stock is serial number stamped to match the bolt, receiver and butt plate. This gun has had the original butt plate replaced. So I just need to verify that the stock, bolt and receiver/barrel have matching numbers.

Trouble is my dealer hasn't been able to remove the bolt or separate the barreled action from the stock. I've read how to remove the bolt in another post on this forum but how do you remove the barreled action from the stock?

Thanks, Mark 2

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mark 2 said:
I'm trying to buy a very nice looking Rem 37 from a local dealer. But first I need to make sure it's original. I understand that the original stock is serial number stamped to match the bolt, receiver and butt plate. This gun has had the original butt plate replaced. So I just need to verify that the stock, bolt and receiver/barrel have matching numbers.

Trouble is my dealer hasn't been able to remove the bolt or separate the barreled action from the stock. I've read how to remove the bolt in another post on this forum but how do you remove the barreled action from the stock?

Thanks, Mark 2
Check your PM.
Aaron

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.