Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Nice info Eric, how did you add lead though?
The channels in the forearm have plenty of room for lead. I used whatever size lead sinkers that fit, and silicone to secure it. It comes out easily. I took it out once to add more weight.

The stock has a piece of styrofoam in it. Remove the butt plate, then use a pair of needle nose to pull out the plastic grid. The styrofoam falls right out. I wrapped 4oz flat stinkers in shop rags and stuffed them in there. A bit hillbilly, but it's all reversable.

My .17 HMR T1x is in a KRG Bravo. I tried the T3 recoil pad and grip and forend mods to the factory stock on my .22LR T1x and it was ok, but ended up ordering another KRG Bravo stock for it last night. Sorry you didn't like the Leupold. The VX 3-9X33 EFR is one of my favorite rimfire scopes.
Mine wasn't the EFR variety. I should've specified it was the rimfire model. I wanted to try the EFR, but Leupold couldn't get one made in the 6 weeks I had one on order.

·
Registered
74 Posts

Tikka T1x, KRG Bravo Chassis Stealth Grey, KRG Bravo Chassis Stealth Grey Hook Style Cover, Wiebad Mini Stock Pad, Timney #430 Two Stage Trigger, Anarchy Outdoors Extended Magazine Release, KVP .223 Linear Comp 1/2x28 thread, Anarchy Outdoors 15 MOA Scope Base with Bubble Level, Burris 30mm Signature Rings and Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50 FFP MRAD scope.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I went a little overboard on my T1X... if there is such a thing. I originally purchased the rifle for entrance into the NRL22 base class, but soon realized I would not be there long, so I started to modify:

The optic is an Arken Optics 6-24X50 (34mm tube)
The stock is a Bell and Carlson Target/Competition stock (T1X specific)
Bottom metal by Mountain Tactical
Sterk canted bolt handle
DIP 20moa pic rail
Gemtech Inert Suppressor (silences a little, but mostly lowers my poi)
Harris 6X9

Attachments

·
Premium Member
58,683 Posts
Haven't weighed it but its a bit, I felt it needed some weight personally. I shot a friends in the same stock and liked the little extra heft.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I've added a DIP Rail and Victor Co cheek piece. Then the vertical grip piece and T3 butt pad. Magpul bipod and for now a Discovery 10x44 HD scope. Will be upgrading to an Arken just unsure if I want the Gen1 or Gen2 SH-4.

·
Registered
264 Posts
20" T1x (NRL Open class)
KRG Bravo Chassis
KRG ARCA spigot
KRG ARCA rail forend rail
MDT CKYE-POD
Murphy 20moa black stainless Picatinny
Athlon Midas-Tac 6-24x50mm
Sterk swept back ball bolt knob

Soon to be upgrades:
Murphy 30moa black stainless Picatinny for going out further....

·
Registered
15 Posts
I ended up with the 16" version, t3x vertical grip and recoil pad(for lop), dip 25moa rail, argos btr gen II 6-24x50(for now) with vortex pro low rings. It has shoot well with several ammo types.
Have to say, the factory stock is not preferable to me. Wanted to stay in base class if I decided to try nrl22, but for having fun mostly, I'm thinking the bravo is in near future.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
OP,

Here is my current setup. I say current because it has changed a few times over the years.

Here is the latest full photo. KRG Bravo with spigot mount and adjustable buttpad. An Atlas bipod. Seekins rings. S&B scope. Sterk bolt handle. IBI barrel. Base?? can't remember. Anarchy Outdoors extended mag release. Extra mag and holders relocated to another rifle. Rail underneath the forearm is for a flashlight.

Below are changes after the above photo was taken.

Timney 2 stage trigger converted to single stage with current trigger pull weight. Very consistent and predictable. Safety does not function with this trigger set up.

Aluminum bolt shroud. Bolt handle was already there.

Wiebad cheek pad.

The IBI barrel I have was one of the first T1x barrels IBI offered with the Win 52D chamber. To my understanding they no long offer that chamber and instead use the Eley EPS chamber on all their 22LR barrels designed for a bolt action.
The Winchester 52D chamber is very tight "not diameter wise but length wise" and IBI received complaints that the chamber was too tight and the bolt was too hard to operate. "Keep in mind the 52D chamber was designed for a single shot, not a repeater."

The first photo below is where the round stops when dropped into the chamber. The remaining amount of brass/case is equal to the amount of bullet engaging the rifling. This may not be desirable for NRL unless you have the perfect wire ejector profile "which I believe I do". Some of you may not know but the wire ejector has a direct impact on feeding also. My 'this" T1x is now controlled round feeding. That is when the round leaves the magazine the rim slips up and between the extractor and bolt face for a straight shot into the chamber. I don't know why Tikka won't make this bend from the factory. I guess they really don't have to with the factory barrel.

Typical accuracy I get at 55 yards.

OP,
If you buy a current IBI barrel either from IBI themselves or Brownells or DVOR or someplace else, it will more than likely come with the Eley EPS barrel. This is a good thing and probably best for your application. I would highly recommend IBI. I also use one on a 457 that has the Eley EPS chamber. Accuracy is not as good as this 52D chamber but it is more ammo friendly as far as function goes.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.