Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner

How about those Clark hammer forged?

279 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  ccw1911
I've seen recent passing reference to the Clark hammer forged barrels... but don't know much about them, other than what they have on the web. Inexpensive, cut to whatever length. They look cool, and at the price, I'm tempted to by a 16 incher. Any of you guys used them? I'm more of a light weight guy, but these seem attractive. The Ruger version never seems to get good reviews, but I assume these are better.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3,500 Posts
Ozob said:
I've seen recent passing reference to the Clark hammer forged barrels... but don't know much about them, other than what they have on the web. Inexpensive, cut to whatever length. They look cool, and at the price, I'm tempted to by a 16 incher. Any of you guys used them? I'm more of a light weight guy, but these seem attractive. The Ruger version never seems to get good reviews, but I assume these are better.
Clark Custom website said:
These barrels are made from Ruger 10/22 T barrel blanks that with our chamber and crown
I would venture to guess the chamber is the main difference between the Ruger T barrel and the Clark modified Ruger T barrel and that would be where the accuracy difference is.

But myself I doubt it would shoot any better than say a GM 16.5" bentz chambered barrel. If anything I would guess the GM would shoot better.

Dave Z.

· Registered
451 Posts
Don't forget that Clark pretty much started the custom 10-22 craze and they have been making precision barrels a long long time. Not putting down anyone else's stuff but it's very hard to beat Clark for value and accuracy.

Ross

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.