Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Getting ready to mount my new Weaver 2.5-7X28 scope on my new 452 American. 3/8" dovetail. Everything was going well, until I tried to operate the bolt. Hmmm, sez I. The Millett Angle-lock (low) rings do not allow enough clearance.

I bought a set of Burris Deluxe medium rings, and measured the height before going to the trouble of installing the whole thing again. It was identical to the Millett low ring height.

The problem seems to be, the scope eyepiece measures 1.5 in., and the objective bell measures 1.4 in. diameter.

The guy from Midway says the Angle lock medium height will give 36 mm clearance, but 1.5 in. = ~38mm. By that logic, I'll need the high rings, right?

Can someone recommend a specific ring set and height that will allow proper operation of the bolt? If there are combinations that work well, that should definitely be worth a sticky, don't you think? Or did I miss it? Thanks. C

·
Registered
4,757 Posts
ring mounts??

the guy at midway told me i needed medium millett rings 30mm. give him all
info. on scope. he guranteed me that they would work. call back the next dayto make verification and talked with another person at midway,she said the same thing. got rings would not fit. raised hell and they are going to pay retail price and shipping back to them. that was after i told them to remove me from their mailing list and not to send any catalog to me. they had second
thoughts and decided to refund all my money.what a deal!!!! dont know if ill continue business or not. good luck!!

boltaction

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Reyn 61 said:
Do you have Burris .22 rings or Weaver adapters? The Burris 22 rings wont fit the CZ.
Aren't later CZ 452 Americans set up with the 3/8" dovetail, instead of the European 11mm? If so,the Burris or whichever brand rings for the standard dovetail should fit, right?

·
Registered
810 Posts
C.C. said:
Aren't later CZ 452 Americans set up with the 3/8" dovetail, instead of the European 11mm? If so,the Burris or whichever brand rings for the standard dovetail should fit, right?
Yes but for some reason they cant to the side. I had a set and ive read where other members have tried them too. Install one on and you will see what i mean. It's hard to explain without seeing it and i dont know why it's like that. I use BKL but that would probably be too high for a 28mm obj. Millet seems to be popular but i dont know what size you would need.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
I've used Millett mediums on 3 different 452 Americans and they've worked great on all 3 of them. I had to use high Millett rings on a 452 Varmint because of the barrel diameter difference, but I've used mediums on all the others with 40 mm obj. Leupold scopes.
I think the person at Midway was talking about clearance between the objective and the barrel, rather than bolt clearance on the eyepiece.
Apparently the eyepiece diameter on the Burris scope is a lot larger.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Millet rings and Bases for a 93R17BVSS

I was thinking about a set of Angle-Loc rings and the Millet bases for my Savage 93R17BVSS. What is the lowest height that would work on either a 40MM or a 44MM Obj. lens?? I will start out with a swift 3-9x 40MM but may end up with either a Elite 3200 or a New Aetec in 44MM.
Would Burris Signatures be a better choice?? I am confused.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
If you want to get real picky about it, The Millett "Angle-Loc" are actually the ones that fit on a Weaver base with the cross slot. The ones that fit the groove are "airgun/22 rimfire" rings.
I drove 60 miles one way to a gun shop to get the high rings for the 452 Varmint. I told the guy behind the counter what I needed and he got them off the wall behind the counter. When I got home I had Angle-Locs.:mad:

My fault---I should have looked at them before I bought them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.