Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll be trying to enter some of superstock games in mid May. My wife and two young girls will be out of town for a three weeks freeing up time for me.
I like to see if my stock 511 cz semi can make the .25 club.
Oh yeah, plus some turkey & chuck hunting, trout fishing; darn if i'll have time to fit in those painting and plumbing projects.

·
37,283 Posts
It would be GREAT to see a CZ 511 on some of the lists. Sure look like an interesting little rifle. You will be welcome here anytime you are ready.

You do NOT have be shooting in the games to partipate in SuperStock though. Just jump right in, the water's fine other than being filled with pirates.

If you get a chance post a thread about your rifle with a picture or two. If you happen to have an old target or two that will make Ricochet happy as well:eek: :D :bthumb:

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I've already stept aboard ship matey.

Check out previous post below from early April::harry:

At Vincent's request: Some history from past posts to get things caught up.
My local shop was going out of business.:( I went into shop to buy some ammo at 20% off. Ended up spending a lot more than expected on a CZ 511 semiauto lr. I would not have even noticed 511 if it were not for shop shelves being all most bare. God how do these things happen to me? Yes, I also bought two bricks of wolf match for $32 each, two bricks of pmc scoremaster $19 each, and two bricks of win. powerpoints $24 each. All said I spent $122 on ammo and $360 on New CZ 511.

Thanks Everyone for your help I have received here at RFC. Below are some pictures of 511 with everthing mounted up.

Finally got out shooting. The weather was nice 40's and sunny when I left but when I got to my gravel pit range 20 minutes away in the Helderberg Mts.it's was windy and spuratically snowing and definatly closer to 30.:eek: Armed with a thermos of coffe my home made booger bench and some ammo I set up a 25 and 50 yard targets. I tried out remington vipers on a suggestion from someone here at RFC. They seem to do the trick I shot up a box and half with no jamming or cycling problems what so ever. Also shot a half box of PMC scoremaster and half box of wolf match and with only one or two stovepipes. Although the Vipers cycled well they were no where as consistant at the Wolf or PMC.

Still looking for HP ammo suggestions for my 511. Iv'e tried winchester powerpoints and they did not reliably cycle.
:D I had quite a good time chasing shotgun shells and tin cans around the gravel pit despite the wind and snow conditions.:AR15firin It was worth the cold fingers to get away for a few hours. I will be trying out other ammo as soon as I can hopefully under better conditions I will be able to get some nicer groups and chrono info too. .................................................................vjchunter

First target below is my first 7 or 8 shoot group shot from this rifle at 25 yards using PMC scoremaster ammo and 2.5-7X28 Weaver scope at 7X on nice day in backyard. Second and third targets are from gravel pit in the Helderberg Mts the foothills of NY state's Catskill Mts.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.