Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a trip to Pennusla State park in Wisconsin...I'm driving dowm one of the roads there and I see two LARGE birds walking down the middle of the road. I thought they were turkeys(& so did the other three people in the car) when I got closer they turned out to be crows-they became startled & flew away & they're wing span was equal to a hawk!! We spent a week there & saw numerous numerous Crows far bigger then I have ever seen in my life. I talked to a Ranger there & he told me that within the past couple of years the Crows seem to be almost on steroids they're so big. I'm not making this up- I just wanted to know if anyone in Wisconsin has seen these big crows? Too bad you can't hunt them in that area!:t

·
Registered
140 Posts
Around here the crows are raven sized, but, are crows. Around here they have just gotten big in the last couple of years. There are not that many crows around here though. Plus, they get free meals of eggs, baby chicks, and anything else small enough, they also eat roadkill with the vultures.
Matt.

·
Registered
312 Posts
We are almost overrun with huge crows here in so cal. I hear them making their caw-caw noise out behind my apartment on the power wires every day. At work, there are always about a dozen of them (shop is near the local dump) it's nearly Hitchcock like with their numbers, and they are pheasant sized. Too bad I am in the city, where they are safe.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yeah

we have big crows in wisconsin but the ones by lake michigan eat a lot of washed dead fished that are full of protein and make them grow very rapidly.

did you fish in penensula because I am going there in a week and want to know if the fish are biting.

·
Registered
31 Posts
we got some big crows in colorado. There used to be 2 around my house that always got into the trash when we put out to be picked up. Made a big mess. I would have shot em with my pelet gun but a cop lives next door to me, and I didnt feel like going to jail. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.