Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a gm barrel on my 10/22 and am thinking about getting a hogue stock for it. My question is when you place it in the stock is the barrel channel opened up enough so the barrel floats, or do you have to open it up yourself? And does anyone here not like the hogue stock?

·
Registered
574 Posts
I have a hogue stock on my magnum with a bull barrel, what I found, was that the channel was a little tight... just barely though, what I did, was to install the VQ bedding system. It basically puts a small shim between the action, and then a foam pad at the tip. this all raised it to where the barrel was compleatly floated action to tip. and the accuracy is great.

Kevin

·
Registered
9 Posts
I like the stock. What I don't like about is I feel the "sissy pad" is too soft and it catches and tugs on my shirts. I'm tempted to pull it off but don't know what's under it. I wish it was hard plastic.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Used

a little bedding compound on the tip to create a pressure point and center the A & B barrel in the channel. Accuracy is sub-MOA with Dynapoints.

I absolutely love the Hogue stock. I use the combo for hunting, plinking, pest control, and paper punching. It does all those things pretty well, looks good, feels good, and is virtually indestructible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I've got a Hogue and it's great! Also have a Clerke 16" bull on it and the bbl has plenty of room on the sides. It does have a pressure point at the forend tip and accuracy is amazing! I'm satisfied! :t

·
Registered
63 Posts
I have one and I have one big problem with it. I personally like to wrap my arm in the sling when in the field to help steady my shots. Unfortunately, the Hogue stocks are flimsy, and when wrapping my arm in the sling, it takes all pressure of the barrel and the shots start hitting 3-4" low.

·
Registered
574 Posts
yep, I'm afraid that oddball is right... although this is realaly not something that is just a problem with hogue, but with the sinthetic stocks in general.

Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.