Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a hogue stock thinking there was some advantages VS other synthetic stocks.

Upon seating my action in the stock and putting the hex screw in I found there is severe clearance between the barrel and the stock :confused:

any possible way I can fix this? I can always put some kind of rubber/tape to form a base to hold the barrel in place but it is annoying, it's between 1/2 cm-1cm I think :(

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Cassings said:
i bought a hogue stock thinking there was some advantages VS other synthetic stocks.

Upon seating my action in the stock and putting the hex screw in I found there is severe clearance between the barrel and the stock :confused:

any possible way I can fix this? I can always put some kind of rubber/tape to form a base to hold the barrel in place but it is annoying, it's between 1/2 cm-1cm I think :(
I'm guessing: you probably have a factory taper barrel & your stock may be designed for .920 barrels.

If that is the case, I would get rid of the factory taper barrel and buy a nice .920 barrel. ;)

·
Registered
842 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
gunnut4life said:
the little lady is gonna get mad if you keep taping your targets to the dishwasher. :1t
Bahahaha
Thanks, but the fridge does just fine :D

I bought it from www.gungoodies.com

I'm pretty sure he's unaware it was a defect and paid quite a bit of shipping for me. I'd feel terrible sending it back.

I highly doubt it was intentional. Where's these things are a dime a dozen it would hardly be worth sending it back. Big headaches with the monkeys working at customs.

I'll see how it shoots and put a little foam or something similar as a member suggested.

As for a putting a factory barrel in a heavy barrel stock?

Come on now, Im not that stoopid! :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.