Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought one of those red HKS speedloaders that was clearly marked for use with Ruger Mk l and Mk ll magazines.... decided to try using it on a Mk lll magazine even though the loading button is on the left side of the magazine rather than the right side. It hung up on that projection on the left side of the magazine near the feed lips. Took a small rat-tail file and made a groove in the HKS speedloader to clear that projection. Wow... darned if it didn't work !!!

·
Registered
5,604 Posts
I like the HKS loading tools. I did the same mod you did to make one work with the 22/45 mags.

The model# 22B is listed to work with "Browning Buck Mark, Challenger II, Colt, Ruger 22/45, Mitchell Arms (High Standard)". It will also work with the MKII and MKIII.

I don't know whay they bother to make the 22R which only does MKII & MKIII............chim

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Me three, after ripping my finger open a couple of times:D Then I bought a UCL, best accessory you can buy for a MK III.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm.... what's a "UCL", inquiring minds want to know. I've since found that the HKS loader can be used facing either front or back... doesn't matter which side the cut-out for the button is on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hmm.... what's a "UCL", inquiring minds want to know.
That would be the Ultimate ClipLoader, here's a link to a site with more info. http://www.1bad69.com/ruger/ultimatecliploader.htm
After you get one ;) use just a teeny little shot of silicon spray lube on your ammo, about 1/4 second for a 500 round value box, stir or shake the box and then :D. Be prepared to use lots more ammo.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Oh wow... now that's interesting !!! May just have to add one of those to my shooting bag. Does it also work with the Mark lll magazine? The reviews seem to have been written before the Mark lll came about. Oh, this is the standard magazine, not the 22/45.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Oh wow... now that's interesting !!! May just have to add one of those to my shooting bag. Does it also work with the Mark lll magazine? The reviews seem to have been written before the Mark lll came about. Oh, this is the standard magazine, not the 22/45.
I have a MkIII 22/45 and it works great, it's supposed to work with all Mk series mags. It's also supposed to work with Buckmark mags but I don't have any experience using it with the Buckmark.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
I bought the 22B for my 22/45...I don't use it much, by my lady friend really likes it.

I lightly filed down the "spur" on the bottom...it no longer holds the magazine compressed on it's own. Now, when I'm done loading, the loader just falls off the overturned magazine...rather than having to pull it off.

Saves a bit of time, and it's just as easy to load.

·
Registered
8,831 Posts
I've had 3 HKS #22B loaders in my shooting bag for several years. Works great with my Mk III 22/45 and Mk II Comp Target - Cures the sore thumb syndrome...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.