Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have some high capacity mags and I would like to sell them but I live in Canada and I was wondering do you guys or gals think I would be safe to ship them to United States without getting into trouble?

I have a
- butler Creek Steel Lips 25 rd (smoke)
- 2 ramline 30rd (smoke and black)

:confused:

·
Registered
229 Posts
Canada?

Are "full cap" mags for the 10/22 readily available in Canada? If so. How much do they cost? Are they stamped with a date? I'm just curious how the gun laws are up there with the mags and stuff.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure about other firearms (higher calibers) if you can have high capacity mags. I know for sure that 25 rd and 30rd mags are legal in .22 caliber. Yes you can buy them at the local gun store if they sell them. I haven't really paid too much attention to the price though. No they do not have dates on either of them. Oh yeah Ramline mags are discontinues so they do not sell those anymore. So 30rd is kinda rare but 25rders can be still purchased at stores here.

lazyeh

·
Registered
443 Posts
Are "full cap" mags for the 10/22 readily available in Canada? If so. How much do they cost? Are they stamped with a date? I'm just curious how the gun laws are up there with the mags and stuff.
Yes, Hot lips, Steel Lips, and Mitchell 50 rd. teardrops are available brand new in Canada. They are true hicaps. They are still exported from the USA but cannot be reimported. They are stamped with the date of your hicap ban and are marked "EXPORT ONLY". Kind of confusing cause we can't export them.

Steel lips go for $32 CDN and Mitchells go for $60 CDN. If its any consolation the novelty wears off quickly and I rarely use mine. The standard Ruger rotary mags are more reliable, more durable, and more accurate.

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
ILLEGAL Hi Caps from Canada

Seventeen,

reg has covered the subject:
1. They are LEGAL in Canada, and sold there.
2. They are ILLEGAL to re-import into the USA.
3. It is a FELONY: 10 Years and a $10,000. Fine.
4. Magazines are 'marked' making them "Post Ban".

PS: Don't even think about removing the "marks"; it has been done, and he is doing time with Bubba.....! !

PPS: There is more than one feature which 'marks' the magazines has Post Ban, so removing the 'marks' only gets you more jail time......! ! :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.