Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I'm in the market for a .22LR/.22 WMR revolver. I thought my only option was the Ruger Single Six, but my gunshop has this Heritage Arms revolver for half the price of the Ruger. Does anyone out there know anything about these (other than what their web site says.) I don't have a problem with an Aluminum frame for this kind of application, just wondering on accuracy and functionality. Fit and Finish is not the same as the Ruger, but this will be my gun that I take with me in the woods when I'm scouting for deer or turkeys to take down squirrels and the like when they are in season.....

Mike Doerner

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
One thing I do not like about the Ruger....

...is when I work the extractor, the cylinder has to be held out of position (i.e. rotated so it does not rest with a chamber not lined up with the barrel) manually. The Heritage does not have this problem. Used guns have given me problems in the past, so I tend to stay away from them. Guess I'll have to wait until next payday to make my decision anyways. ;-)

Cornbread2: I already know your opinion of Heritage Arms revolvers, and any further negitive comments on the subject are unwarranted.

Any other OWNERS (past or present) of the Ruger or Heritage single action revolvers would be appreciated.

Mike Doerner

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Re: Re: One thing I do not like about the Ruger....

Cornbread2 said:

By all means buy the Heritage if you lack the manaul dexterity to perform such a highly difficult task as removing the spent rounds from the Ruger.
I suppose this is why I've been an automatic fan all this time.

It could take as much as 5 seconds to perform this task.
I agree. 5 seconds per chamber is unaccepable.

That really would be a problem if you were being overrun by ground squirrels or other deadly rodents.
You're right. Maybe a .44 mag or .454 Casull is in order.

Perhaps you should write Ruger and let them know about this serious design flaw before it becomes the downfall of the company.
Not a serious design flaw, just not a design feature I desire.

After all Ruger has been with us a long time and I would hate to see the company go bankrupt.
Doubt it since I just bought a 77/22 in .22LR. Should keep 'em afloat for a week or two at least.

It may already be too late. Thousands of Ruger owners after reading your post may trade theirs in for the Heritage because of this never before noticed serious problem.

Hundreds of thousands of used Ruger pistols will flood the market and be sold for pennies on the dollar. Ruger will no longer be able to sell another new single action pistol.

Perhaps for the sake of a good American company we should delete this thread before the public becomes aware of this problem.
No, I'd just like to delete your posts in this thread.

My reasoning?

1.) You stated that the Heritage Arms revovers were cheap, unsafe, and the safety was a gimmick. In all of your voluminous writings in this thread you have neglected to mention WHY this is the case. Having also alluded to having worked on one of these travisties of so called pot metal (my interpretation on your rambling) you have negelcted to share what defect in the Heritage Arms revolver you saw qualified it as junk.

2.) Mossberg and Winchester have sucessfully used Aluminum alloys in the receivers of their shotgins since the early 1960's. Also, the AR-15A2/M-16A2 series of rifles also use Aluminum alloys in their construction. I was wondering if anyone had problems with the aluminum framed revolver from Heritage. I was also wondering if there were any problems with leading in the forcing cones, chamber alignment with bore, etc. to see if what Heritage is offering performs as they have advertised on their website. Your lengthy posts are very light on FACTS, which is what I desired in the first place.

3.) The only reason you want this thread deleted is that I might actually go out and buy a Heritage Arms revolver in spite of your unrelenting fusillade of the words junk, garbage, unsafe, go-ahead-fine-blow-yourself-up, fine-ignore-my-advice-you'll-be-sorry, hope-you-don't-need-all-ten-of-your-fingers advice.

(Wait a minute, those were phrases. Ahhh, he'll never know the difference.)

Now if you would like to start stating some FACTS as to why I shouldn't by this gun, please continue this charming thead at your leisure.

If you're just going to cut-and-paste from your previous rants, please conseve the bandwidth and omit yourself.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Cornbread2 said:
I have posted why the BS safety is dangerous. Perhaps you should read it. If you lack the ability to perform such a simple task as removing the empty brass from a single action pistol you also lack the intelligence to use this safety.
Funny, other than calling the safety a piece of junk, I can't recall a quote in any of your posts WHY it is a piece of junk. Were there burrs on the safety? Did the blocking piece fail to engage? Please elaborate.

Since when does lack of ability reflect lack of intelligence? I suppose all the physically handicapped people out there are just being stupid, right?

If you don't use it the gun is not drop safe. If you lack the ability to unload your pistol you also lack the ability to keep it from falling out of your $5 bargin holster and having it shoot you in your left buttock.
I'll one-up you here. NO GUN ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET EARTH IS DROP SAFE. If you can't keep your freakin' hand on the gun you shouldn't have it in your hand anyways. If you mean by the drop of the hammer on a loaded chamber, then keeping one chamber emplty has been the defacto solution since the late 1800's. Having it fall out of the holster is extremely difficult if you secure it properly. Once again using common sense does not mean spending $$$$. Uncle Mike's has a holster for $10-$20. I suppose that's dangerous too....

Or it could be someone else you shoot because of your ignorance and your poor choice of a firearm.
Since when has bad taste ever killed anyone?

Poor judgement however is not indicitive of whether or not you spend $$$$ on your gun. Your lengthy posts have done nothing to dispel the ignorance of anyone here, including yourself. I suppose all those cheap Marlin Model 60's are just ticking time bombs. Oh, wait a minute! They have Aluminum receivers too! My goodness! How could we have been so blind! Those silly firearms manufacturers have no business using aluminum, carbon fiber, and (oh no!) plastic in the constuction of any firearm. Only steel and walnut are our only options in this area.

I do appreciate your reduction in the length of your posts though. If you would like to start using FACTS, one of two things will happen....

1.) This will become a meaningful discussion.

2.) You won't post on this thread anymore because your opinion does not count as fact.

If typing has become too difficult, just start yelling at your monitor. We can hear you just fine out here.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.