Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
647 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a big Marlin fan I have a 336 stainless steel 30-30 that I love and will never sell it. Its my one and only deer rifle. I did own a Marlin 39a (2002) but sold it because it was too heavy, too long, and the "take down" fearture is just dumb. ( I also own a Browning 22 semi auto take down and that models TD is smart in design and clean.)
S0 what to do....I did need a "city" gun that can shoot longs and shorts---quite like.
Took a chance on a much cheaper Henry. WOW IMHO the action is built better, smoother. It may not be made of the same material as the Marlin but the design of the action as way bettter. The gun is of course lighter and shorter. CHEAPER !!
I'm a happy herny owner!

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Yep, I have both, and for sheer fun it's hard to beat the Henry. The Henry is quicker to swing - a great open-field gun for bunny busting. It shines at twenty to thirty yards. The Marlin has a slight edge in accuracy at 50 yards, but not by much! The Marlin has a quirk in it's ejection that I need to work out. The Henry is butter smooth and reliable.
I think if I get that new H001T Henry with the octagon barrel - I may end up selling the Marlin . . .

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.