Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I posted this over in the Misc. thread before I saw this category, so maybe y'all can help. Thanks!!

Okay folks, I'm new to this website. Hi! Anyway, I have a .22 long rifle that I've owned for about 6 years now. All this time I've been trying to figure out what kind of gun it is (brand, make, etc.), but to no avail. Someone told me about this site so I decided to give y'all a shot.

This gun apparently is some kind of Romanian military training rifle (or so I was told). The markings stamped into the reciever are this:

IMC2
Z-3237

The reciever/bolt assembly very closely resemble that of a CZ and the stock and forearm are carved out of some very crappy wood. There are flip-up iron sights built into the gun in 25, 50, and 100-yard increments. What can you tell me about this gun? Any help?

If you don't mind, please direct all replies to my email address as I don't get access to the Internet very often and may not be able to find this thread next time I get on. Thanks a ton, in advance, folks!! 'Later,

~John-Ross Bryan

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
You're in the right place!

Sounds like a Romanian (Rom) M-69. It's a milsurp trainer. Pretty good shooters after all the bugs that frequently plague them are worked out. These bugs are usualy feeding/extraction problems. Could be as simple as adjusting (bending) the lips on the magizine. Or as serious as a burr on the mouth of the chamber from dry firing. NEVER dry fire a Rom trainer! (M-69 or Cugir single shot).
Check out .22 trainer forum on Gunboards.com. Lots of info there on these rifles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.