Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
  • Beware of Scammers! Does it sound too good to be true? New user has just what you were looking for? Don't get scammed! When in doubt, use escrow.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
this is my first post here.
I have been recently interested in High Standard pistols.
I have found the Hamden Victor (236xxxx) and consider buying it for plinking. It has an extra barrel which I don't recognise. No markings, just s/n - the same as the gun. Could you, please, help and identify it?
Thank you

Attachments

· Registered
240 Posts
Hi there,
this is my first post here.
I have been recently interested in High Standard pistols.
I have found the Hamden Victor (236xxxx) and consider buying it for plinking. It has an extra barrel which I don't recognise. No markings, just s/n - the same as the gun. Could you, please, help and identify it?
Thank you
Did you notice the pisture shows no trigger? Not a particularly good quality photo.

The extra barrel is not by High Standard. It reminds me of the Numrich Riflette barrel - perhaps a copy.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for you reply.
Better photo.
I've already have the Flite King model with an additional barrel however there are HS markings/logo on it. The one with this Victor model has nothing. I am not advanced in collecting of High Standard goodies (5 pistols, 2 revolvers and a derringer) and would not like to buy anything more by mistake.
And one more question - what would be the most suitable book guide for a beginner like me? I've already have E. Hartford Victor (ML75xxx) and it is a little bit different than the one below. I'd like to find out more on this.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Wood stain

· Premium Member
1,027 Posts
The book ”High Standard, A Collector’s Guide to the Hamden and Hartford Target Pistols”, written by Tom Dance is currently the best available for your use. It has pretty good information, although it has some errors and omissions.

Did you notice this Victor is stamped with European import marks? I suspect it was used for target shooting in one of the countries.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you.
It seems that it is hard to find this book with reasonable price. Especially in Europe.
The Victor is probably from Germany. Majority of used American guns available in my country originate from there.

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you, mr alexander.
I will check it.

I have one more question - is there any chance to find out the year of production of a Houston made High Standard Supermatic Trophy?
Model TX9247, s/n 26000773.

· Premium Member
1,027 Posts
The serial number indicates it was probably made in the late 1990s. There is not a public table of serial number dates available for Houston guns. The first Houston guns used the letters AF at the start of the serial number, then the serial numbers were changed to start with 2600XXX. There were a total of about 5,000 Houston made High Standard clones produced in the years from the beginning in about 1994 to 2020, when production ceased. Most of the guns were made during the first five years of existence.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts