Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
I have had them stick in the longer barreled rifles like a CZ Special. Sorry, none for sale here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have fired many Super Colibri from my Ruger 10/22 WW Special, which has a 22" barrel. No stuck rounds at all. I have noticed that the SC foul the barrel a bit and that the bullets begin to go a bit slower after about 10 rounds fired, but running a patch worm down the barrel takes care of that.

Forgiver

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Crete thanks for the info, all I had was midway and cheaper than dirt and they sold em in the hundreds. I really don't feel like having hundreds of excess rounds that would go unused and found thousands of years later by a much evolved man/alien :D
OIS

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
My Henry eats 'em like candy. Great for quiet yard shooting. A tight-bored Target rifle may well have problems - my Winchester 75T had one get stuck.
Regular off-the-shelf guns should have no problem, but do make sure each round hits! Quiet as they are, you can hear 'em whack the target easily.
I have actually found the regular olibri a bit more accurate - but YMMV!

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
The Super Colibri is based on the Long case with a 20gr pointed bullet. It's seated like a standard round so it would likely be difficult to tamper with. If you want a little more power I would stick with the CCI CB ammo in either short or long.

·
Registered
49 Posts
OIS, I am living in Yorktown Heights, NY. if we want to meet me. I will give you 2 boxes to try it out, I used it on my Marlin 39M and 10/22 will out any problem. Stuck on CZ452
E-mail me for location to meet.

fourguns

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
Substracting powder is better, or Stinger Colibri!

Pdwight said:
Never.............EVER :1t add any powder to any rimfire. You are asking to become a statistic.

Dwight P
Correct.

But, substracting works.

Take a look at these CCI Stinger specs*:

CCI Stinger……. 43.7
Bullet……………. 31.7
Powder…………...2.2
Primed Case…….9.5-9.8
Fired Case……….9.6
Primer…………….0.1-0.2

(*) Figures are in Grains

Now, by tipping out those 2.2 Grains of powder; throw away 1.2 Grains and pour back into the Stinger case only one (1) Grain of powder, seat the Short bullet in the case, give it a light tap w/Paco's Acu'rzr and presto!, you get yourself a Stinger Colibri :D

Quiet and fun for up to 15 yards. Beware of ricochets. Don't shoot them at anything hard. Wet newsprint/phone books are the best backstops; no noise when hitting these, either.

I have modified a couple of boxes and pin them against my airguns. No probs with that clean-burning CCI powder.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I shoulda Known better :yikes: and I was kinda kidding :hide: , I can't seem to get the bullet out without it getting stuck or deformed.I recieved 5 sc rounds from a friend and have yet to try them out but thanks a ton for your offer, I really appreciate it :beerchug: .Forgiver is your 10/22 ww a tight target barreled gun? Pdwight, have you had any get stuck in a cz,I have the lux and it's barrel is about 25'',the rifleing marks are much deeper from the cz than any gun I have.
OIS

·
Registered
672 Posts
I've shot a few hundred Super Colibris from both my CZ 452 Trainers and my 28" barrelled Ultra Lux, and SO FAR, no stuck rounds. They aren't terribly accurate beyond 25 feet tho. Like 6-8" groups at 25 yds are the norm in my rifles.

Your results may vary.

·
Registered
240 Posts
AK said:
I have had them stick in the longer barreled rifles like a CZ Special.
Different folks, different strokes. Our son has gone through maybe 800 or 900 of them, mostly through a Cz 452 Scout rifle (some of them through a Ruger Single Six). None have ever gotten stuck. I'm not sure I would want to chance it through an Ultralux with its 28" long barrel, though.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
treelogger said:
Different folks, different strokes. Our son has gone through maybe 800 or 900 of them, mostly through a Cz 452 Scout rifle (some of them through a Ruger Single Six). None have ever gotten stuck. I'm not sure I would want to chance it through an Ultralux with its 28" long barrel, though.
I have had them stick in my CZ Special and Stevens Favorite. Never had one stick in any of my 94/22's though.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.