Rimfire Central Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a beutiful barely used 453, sorry no pictures. Barrel has been free floated, Cant wait to shoot it. Heres my ? When trying to remove the bolt, Like on my 452 FS I open the bolt pull the trigger and out comes the bolt smoothly. On this 453 when I open the bolt and try to pull the trigger there is no movement. I can wiggle the bolt out but you can tell it is dragging and is hard to get out. Like I said I got it used and did not get a manual. Is there something im doing wrong with the 453 ?

·
Registered
10,461 Posts
The 453 I had was like that you have to pull the trigger and squeeze it really really hard and hold to get the bolt out.

Squeeze it like you think you will break it and the bolt will come out.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
The 453 has a different bolt stop. In the 452, it's the sear acting as bolt stop right in the middle of the bolt. For the 453 it's a spring-loaded lever off to one side. This lever is obstructed by the trigger mechanism. You have to pull the trigger all the way back to remove this obstruction, then pull the bolt smartly to overcome the spring.

What hopeak described is the way to do it.

G

·
It's also possible the over-travel screw has been turned in a hair too much and isn't allowing you to pull the trigger far enough. If that's the case, then obviously backing the screw out a tad will help.

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
On the one that I had, there seemed to be no movement when you pulled the trigger back, but a mentioned earlier, you have to solidly hold the trigger back and then SMARTLY pull the bolt back, and it will come out.:bthumb:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks

It is coming out with like you say a forcefull pull, It just feels like there is too much drag. I guess Im used to my 452 that will just fall out in your hand.
Anyway thanks for your help.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Sticky Bolt on a 453

I have the same problem as the bolt is hard to get out, What I have learned to do is pull the trigger and use your pointer finger on your other hand to push the bolt out from the receiver. You will feel a slight resistance then the bolt will slide out.

Benchshooter

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.